Author Topic: AudioTim 39: Jeffrey B. Burton, Author of Mystery/Thriller, The Chessman  (Read 585 times)

Tim Ward

AudioTim 39: Jeffrey B. Burton, Author of Mystery/Thriller, The Chessman

I was first introduced to Mystery/Thriller author, Jeffrey B. Burton, through his magnificent short story, “A Building This Size,” from Evolved Publishing’s Evolution: Vol. 1 anthology. In fact, I was so impressed, I did a Saturday Spotlight about it. I’ve been excited ever since for his novel, The Chessman, to come out, and was blessed with a hardback copy this week (am loving it so far). We only talk a little bit about The Chessman because we didn’t want to ruin any of its surprises. So, we chatted about the international success its had so far, highlights of his experience writing it, and other aspects of his writing life.

Book Description from Amazon.com
Publication Date: May 25, 2012

Hidden forces are willing to kill any and all who stand in the way of untold billions of dollars. To toss the authorities off track, they borrow the modus operandi of a brutal serial killer – The Chessman – who stalked the corridors of power in Washington, D.C. some years earlier. The ruse is working brilliantly except for one minor detail. The real Chessman is not pleased – not pleased one iota – that someone has stolen his M.O. Enter Drew Cady, ex-FBI agent, who finds himself being sucked back into the very case that almost took his life, a case that crippled him both physically and emotionally. By capturing The Chessman and his blood-spattered copycat, Cady has a last shot at redemption. If he can find a way to survive, that is.

Folks added The Chessman to their “to read” list on Goodreads and follow me and my progress (here).

You can subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and Stitcher.

Recent episodes:
AudioTim 38: Scott Roche, YA Sci-Fi Author of Ginnie Dare: Crimson Sands
AudioTim 37: Matt Forbeck, SF, Fantasy, Horror Author from Angry Robot Books
AudioTim 36: Mike Shevdon, UK Urban Fantasy author of Strangeness and Charm
AudioTim 35: Robin Sullivan on Riyria Revelations’ Orbit Experience
AudioTim 34: Adventures in SciFi Publishing interview