Author Topic: Limit podcast form to custom post type edit page  (Read 1844 times)

selfagency

Limit podcast form to custom post type edit page
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »
How can I configure or code Blubrry to show the podcast form fields only on the add/edit page for my custom post type, Podcasts?

Right now it shows on every single add/edit page in the admin area, including blog posts, pages, and all my other custom post types.

I want it to appear only on the Podcast add/edit page and nowhere else in Wordpress.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Limit podcast form to custom post type edit page
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »
Powerpress settings > podcast channel > edit channel > other settings tab > select specific custom post type.

You may need the latest dev version if you have problrms with your custom podcast channel feeds are empty. We just fixed this bug and it will be fixed in 4.0.2.

selfagency

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:23:04 pm »
Great, thanks. It's working except that the Podcast dialog box is still showing up on add/edit Pages.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:46 pm »
The default podcast channel appears on static pages, you can remove it by enabling securty in powerpress > tools. Then you can use roles and capabilities plugin to control which users have podcast access. I'm mobile at the moment so can't type in better deails until tomorrow.

oregano

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:03 pm »
I can confirm the issue reported above:  The podcast metabox appears when editing Pages even though that channel setting is set to just "Posts" or a CPT.  Fiddling with the capabilities has no effect.

I hope this can be investigated and fixed in a future release.  Our users being able to add podcasts to pages could create some small havoc :)

Thanks!

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:47:11 am »
What roles and capabilities plugin are you using? Did you enable the roles and capabilities in powerpress > tools?