Author Topic: Use Custom Post Type Categories for Category Podcast  (Read 1092 times)

amax2222

Use Custom Post Type Categories for Category Podcast
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:37 am »
Sorry if this has already been asked. I would like to add my custom post type categories to the "Category Podcasting" feature. Currently you can only add the normal post categories. I need to take advantage of the category podcasting feature which allows you to organize episodes by topic. How can I do this?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Use Custom Post Type Categories for Category Podcast
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
Custom Post Types and PowerPress Podcast Channels work together well and would be the solution. You can still use the category to organize the episodes in your web site, but you are still using the Podcast Channel tied to the specific custom post type as your podcast only feed.

If you were able to create podcast feeds in custom post types per category, you would end up with a matrix of possibilities. That's way out of the scope of what can be easily managed currently. Maybe someday we can get to that point, but it's rather complex to say the least.

amax2222

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 05:25:32 am »
Great that makes sense. I see that you can link a podcast channel to a custom post type. Ideally it would be great if you could further link it to categories within a custom post type. Anyways, I have created a custom channel and linked it to my custom post type, however my feed is not validating even though I have added podcasts to my posts within the custom post type. Is there a further step that I'm missing? Does the creation of the feed link for a custom post type automatically add all the podcasts/media within that custom post type? Thanks for your help.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:10:29 am »
There is a bug with specific post types and wp 3.4, later today we will be releasing powerpress 4.0.2 which should fix this issue.