Author Topic: AudioTim 38: Scott Roche, YA Sci-Fi Author of Ginnie Dare: Crimson Sands  (Read 647 times)

Tim Ward

AudioTim 38: Scott Roche, YA Sci-Fi Author of Ginnie Dare: Crimson Sands

If Scott Roche were to put on all the writing hats he wears, they would weigh him down into a face plant on his desk. Because I am always looking out for the health and well-being of my guests, I asked him to only put on three of those hats for our interview. His first, and most elaborate hat, is as author of the YA Sci-Fi novel, Ginnie Dare: Crimson Sands. After my silly question about space travel (I might as well have asked him what he thinks about the flux capacitor), we talked about other appeals about Ginnie Dare, like how it is geared towards young readers like his pre-teen daughter, but is also short and fast enough to keep older readers going to the end (hello epic series…). Here is Scott’s back cover blurb:

Ginnie Dare is the communications officer for her family’s space faring shipping company. They arrive at Eshu for a routine supply drop and discover that the entire settlement’s population has vanished. Their search of the site reveals nothing out of place, except the people, but ends in a tense confrontation with the natives. During the conflict, Ginnie discovers an alien artifact that may be the key to diffusing the conflict. Can she decode the artifact before it’s taken by the Sector Defense Force? Will it help them to discover the missing colony’s fate? Or, will the whole thing spark an interstellar war?

AudioTim is a podcast interviewing authors, editors and publishers in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. I am an aspiring author in these genres and am hungry to learn from what my guests have experienced on their road to success. I'm also a reader, so I enjoy getting them to convince me about why I should buy their stories. My website is www.timothycward.com and I publish an episode every other Wednesday. You can also subscribe on iTunes.

Recent episodes:
AudioTim 37: Matt Forbeck, SF, Fantasy, Horror Author from Angry Robot Books
AudioTim 36: Mike Shevdon, UK Urban Fantasy author of Strangeness and Charm
AudioTim 35: Robin Sullivan on Riyria Revelations’ Orbit Experience
AudioTim 34: Adventures in SciFi Publishing interview