Author Topic: MP4 in HTML5 mode Won't play on Firefox or Chrome  (Read 4506 times)

ArtWave

MP4 in HTML5 mode Won't play on Firefox or Chrome
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »
Greetings,
I've noticed that my videos which are in MP4 won't play on Firefox or chrome....but plays fine on Safari as well as the iPhone.
In powerpress settings I have html5 as well...

So what is the problem and how can it be solved that most browsers will be able to play?

Here is a direct link to video post http://beinglove.tv/souls-talking-brain/the-social-media-peace-revolution

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Aline

Todd

• Administrator
Re: MP4 in HTML5 mode Won't play on Firefox or Chrome
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
We have 10's of thousands of podcasters using the plugin and players with no issue. Usually the issue is in the way you are encoding the media. Please review this page specifically the streaming section.

http://www.podcastfaq.com/creating-podcast/video/h-264-mp4-m4v-tips/

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:58:33 am »
Plays in my Firefox and Chrome. You just need to wait 30 minutes for the entire media file to download in Flash before it can play (media or hosting problem).

Problem is your video isn't optimized for the web, or your hosting doesn't support optimizing for the web media files (byte serving). This is necessary for HTML5 / Flash to play your media instantly. Otherwise it will have to sit there for X minutes to download the entire media file before it can play.

Read that link Todd replied with, it has tips and suggestions to deal with this very problem.

ArtWave

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:49 am »
Thank you both Angelo & Todd  :)

The original videos were recorded on Ustream, and I converted the flv/f4v files to mp4....it might actually be the format that it was converted in.
In either case I'm going to try to convert the files with the ones mentioned in the link that Todd provided and test it out....

I'll try those methods, see what happens and I will post it on here, hopefully I'll get positive results and it assists anyone else experiencing something similar.

My appreciation for the response.....
Positive energies,
Aline

ArtWave

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »
Greetings!
So I've got positive results  :D

I downloaded vID Infiltr8(for Mac OSX) that was suggested through the link that Todd originally sent and used it to convert the mp4 files!
And voila now when I play view it on firefox and chrome it plays fine, and doesn't take up that much loading time to play either, which is awesome!

here's a direct link to the video (converted with vID Infiltr8):
http://beinglove.tv/souls-talking-brain/how-do-we-change-the-current-governing-system-of-this-world

Thank you again guys for the heads-up on the encoding :)
Aline