Author Topic: PowerPress 4.0 Questions (order, feed size, Meta Marks )  (Read 1042 times)

podcastcoach

PowerPress 4.0 Questions (order, feed size, Meta Marks )
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:39:30 pm »
Angleo and team,
1. If I activate this feature in Powerpress 4.0 for iTunes order, do I have to put a number next to every episode? For example lest say I want to specify more than one "featured" episode so I turn on this feature and put a 1,2,3,4,5 next to the identified episodes. Does it mess up iTunes that the other episodes have no number?

2. On the feed maximizing feature (to allow more episodes in your feed) Todd mentions in the PowerPress Podcast that you need to watch your feed size. Do you know of a tool to measure your feed size?

3. Todd mentions Meta Marks. Is the feature ready for prime time before I go playing with it?

4. Angelo I appreciate all the work you do, and wanted to tell people how to donate to the plugin. I notice in Wordpress there is no "Donate" button. If someone wanted to say thank you for such a great plugin, how does one do it?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: PowerPress 4.0 Questions (order, feed size, Meta Marks )
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:23:56 am »
1. If you use the iTunes order option, you need every episode set with an order. If there's just 1 episode with no order number set, it will become the top most and then the rest are the order episodes. Worse yet there's no guarantee that they will be in order if not all of them are set.

The feature episode option essentially orders all your episodes as normal with the exception of ordering a selected episode as the top most. It's an ideal solution if you want to always have 1 episode at the top of your iTunes listing that is a "welcome" or "intro" to your podcast. Once someone subscribes to your podcast though, the episodes are still ordered by date in descending order (like as before this was available).

The iTunes order option is really meant for someone who has planned to only do X episodes up front and wants them listed as chapters of a book or segments to a movie. You can be creative and do some interesting things with the option, just be careful that you don't get yourself stuck in a situation where you have to re-order the episodes every time you make a new one.

2. Yes, windows explorer. Just load up your feed in a browser such as Firefox (a browser that doesn't mess with the feed), view source then click 'save-as' and save it to your computer. Then right click and select properties, it will say how big it is.

3. Its ready. So far it just saves and syndicates the data you save with it. We are waiting for adoption by some podcasters before we proceed with building a player. Basically the data needs to be there before we spend further development time on it. So use it and it'll encourage us to move the feature forward.

4. We are a business, we don't accept donations. The biggest thank you would be to purchase our services such as blubrry podcast hosting or the premium podcast statistics.

Thanks!

podcastcoach

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:31:41 am »
Angelo thanks.
Is there any kind of step by step or "how to" on Meta Marks anywhere?

Also I would love to work with you guys on some videos if you ever need them for PowerPress (free). I did the tutorial for podpress back in the day and would like to create some new videos for powerpress (so you might get some questions from me). Do these already exist?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:57 am »
Yes to both, check out the www.powerpresspodcast.com. And shoot me an email, cio [at] rawvoice.com to discuss further.