Author Topic: AudioTim 37: Matt Forbeck (Fantasy, Horror, SF author from Angry Robot Books)  (Read 512 times)

Tim Ward

AudioTim 37: Matt Forbeck

Matt is a successful freelance author and game designer that took a break from his 12 for 12 campaign on kickstarter to chat with me about a couple of his recent books. Carpathia is a B-movie horror novel that adds vampires to the crash of the Titanic, along with a couple love triangles to make you care what happens. Amortals is a Science Fiction Thriller where people are able to download their memories into clones, and in the hero's case, he is set the task of catching his killer. Dangerous Games, his current kickstarter novel, is a murder mystery set at GenCon, a famous gamers' convention in Indianapolis. Matt is still running his kickstarter campaign to help fund Dangerous Games until Father's Day, June 17.

We talk about what makes these stories interesting, a little about the process of writing, and why the heck he thinks he can write twelve novels in 2012.

AudioTim is a podcast interviewing authors, editors and publishers in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. I am an aspiring author in these genres and am hungry to learn from what my guests have experienced on their road to success. I'm also a reader, so I enjoy getting them to convince me about why I should buy their stories. My website is www.timothycward.com and I publish an episode every other Wednesday. You can also subscribe on iTunes.

Recent episodes:
AudioTim 36: Mike Shevdon, UK Urban Fantasy author of Strangeness and Charm
AudioTim 35: Robin Sullivan on Riyria Revelations’ Orbit Experience
AudioTim 34: Adventures in SciFi Publishing interview
AudioTim 33: Indie Publishing Panel with Hugh Howey and Robin Sullivan
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:53:30 pm by Tim Ward »