Author Topic: using the blubrry plugin 4 wordpress , but not picking up all mp3 files loaded  (Read 1668 times)

stevie.wilson

Hi
I have video content of which I am going to update the new plugin for blubrry.. but  part of what I have done is ripped out or been given mp3 files so that people can just listen to my video content as well as  see it should they so choose

what I am seeing  is that  NONE of the mp3 files I am loading concurrently with the video embeds into my blog are being picked up by blubrrry. I am running at least 1 and sometimes 3 or 4 per week

the question is 1) why isn't it being picked up by  the plugin and shown on my podcast list? it's a properly loaded media file?

also I am not seeing all the podcasts I have done  on  itunes. turns out I have 2 different itunes accounts for la-story.com and I need to merge those.. one has 6 podcasts and the other has 10.. which doesn't look right since I have tons of podcasts- many more than 16..

I will go in and have my tech person adjust to show at least 30 podcasts but I would like to know why/how to get my video podcasts featured.. or how to at least get them on itunes.. PLUS I would like to get the mp3 files from those video podcasts *(because of of the visuals aren't all that special) into  my podcast acct.. especially since I am loading them properly

Any suggestions?> would appreciate help
please feel free to email me
thanks
stevie.wilson@gmail.com

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Stevie,

What do you mean by picked up? Do you mean you are putting two separate media files into 1 blog post and blubrry.com is not displaying both the audio and video? If that's the question, then yes, it will only display what is in your feed, and your feed should only have one media file per blog post. We recommend setting up a 2nd feed using PowerPress in a WordPress blog using the Podcast Channels feature. iTunes and most other podcast services work this same way.

stevie.wilson

Hi there
on posts that have both audio and video files.. blubrry is not featuring EITHER of them. 
I would love it if they would feature one-- but  it's not. I put the mp3 in there to be picked up by blubrry to be featured on iTunes because at least that would be  a way to get the information out there.
Blubrry does not feature any of my videos and I usually have 1 video a week. They are not hosted  by you.. but are on vimeo & youtube. Which would be the better embed to feature?

We will be putting the newest powerplay plugin  in this week.. my tech person wanted to wait a couple of weeks-- but this situation has been going on for a while..  so that's why I added in the mp3 because blubrry was not doing anything with my videos

would appreciate any tips you have Angelo.
thank you
Stevie Wilson

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Blubrry features programs based on a set of criteria. You need to qualify each program by creating at least 7 episodes, formatting those episodes in the appropriate format and by having your artwork and information about your show up to date. You can see if your program(s) meet the qualifications by logging into your blubrry account and navigating to "manage account" > "connect" > "get featured". That page will tell you if your featured or not. And if not, it gives you exact reasons why.

stevie.wilson

HI there Angelo
I misused the term FEATURE.. as in I would like the videos or podcasts (or both) to hit my blubrry stream so that they also hit iTunes.) I did not mean that FEATURE the way you choose someone to put on the front page. I have images -- just not one of me.. I use my site logo. I have a gazillion of me

What I would like to know is how can I  get something that has a video to run on my blubrry account. if it can't unless I host it with you, I can't do that because I do too many videos and I can't afford it because there is not enough revenue to even make it break even.
I put the mp3 into the same blog posts that have videos in   hopes that blubrry would pick up the mp3 and run that.. because iTunes drives visibility.. and I have a CHUNK more podcasts than I do videos.. but that may change soon.

My big issue is that when I have a video and an mp3 running.. blubrry isn't picking up either one most of the time. There are missing podcasts as well.. but that's ok.. I can fill those in.. MY BIGGEST concern is getting the content--either one-- to hit blubrry so that it hits itunes..

But what I am doing is leveraging youtube.com to pull out the mp3's to upload them to itunes to get people to hear me and others talk about various topics and thus either download the podcast OR hit the blog or youtube to see the video.

My apologies for not properly framing the question.

Stevie Wilson

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Perhaps you were misinformed, but iTunes gets its podcast episodes directly from your podcast feed(s). The only time Blubrry is involved is if you use our hosting service and use our publishing interface with it (rather than from your own Blog). Do not confuse this with our free open source plugin PowerPress which you can use on your own blog, that's not a service we provide, just a free plugin to help you podcast.

Featured on iTunes has nothing to do with blubrry. Furthermore, you can submit audio or video to blubrry.com, but the important thing is that, just like iTunes, you need to submit a separate feed to blubrry.com for each media firmat. e.g. audio podcast has a different feed than video.

What are the podcasts called on iTunes? If you can please reply with the web URL to the podcasts on itunes that be a big help.

stevie.wilson

I was told by one of your support people that I could not submit videos on  your plugin to blubrry.. so I am totally confused.

the plugin never has picked up my video content.
how am I to provide the content?
I can get a separate feed created for the  videos.. which would be better.  I have been using the plugin for the mp3 and it works but not all the time.
the feed for mp3 is already there.
So I am missing something here-- and I am not getting it what it is I am missing.

and I will pass on your information for itunes to my  tech person.
itunes channels -- I had 2 different channels.. one for music with a PCN logo and one that had MY logo and something happened and now neither are there.
so I have to call apple and find out what's going on. I have tried to refresh.. but this is frustrating only because I don't understand what's going wrong.

so things have gone from bad to WORSE

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Please email me the thread where our support said you can't do videos in powerpress, I will investigate. cio (at) rawvoice dot com