Author Topic: MP3 playing twice  (Read 833 times)

Steve Hart

MP3 playing twice
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:36:34 am »
Hi.
Podcasts on my site are playing twice with a single click of the mouse. An MP3 will play on the page and a new page will also launch and begin playing the podcast too.
This is new. It was fine last week.
Any ideas?

Cheers.
Steve

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: MP3 playing twice
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:41:53 am »
Steve,

Is this your site in question? http://www.stevehart.co.nz/category/podcasts/

If so, you have some sort of theme or plugin adding excessive amounts of JavaScript to your pages that are causing conflicts with the code PowerPress adds for the HTML5 player.

You have two quick options, either go back to PowerPress's FlowPlayerClassic or resolve the JavaScript errors in the page by testing other themes/plugins until the problem is resolved.

Steve Hart

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:20 pm »
Thank you Angelo

I found the bug.

It is to do with the Electric Studio Download Counter (an MP3 download counter) plugin.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/electric-studio-download-counter/

I disabled all my plugins and found this one to be the culprit.

I have alerted the makers of a bug in their plugin.

Cheers and thanks again for your guidance.

Steve

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:25:44 am »
Awesome.

By the way, I'm not sure that an mp3 download counter will provide you any accurate statistics, media files now days are broken into multiple downloads, so for example you'll get 200 downloads for a 20MB media file from a client using a phone or download accelerator app in their browser. Just a heads up.

We provide a free basic stats service that takes into account these repeat downloads, info is linked from the Blubrry home page www.blubrry.com.