Author Topic: No RSS Feed  (Read 941 times)

jds

No RSS Feed
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:19:19 am »
I just installed Blubrry and uploaded a podcast. Under Setting -> Feeds there is a url listed in "Special Podcast only Feed" But the URL contains no information. At first there as not even the directory feed/podcast/ directory. So I added the directories. But there is still no RSS feed. I have reloaded the podcast several time. But no RSS feed is created. When I "verify", I get the response "It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn't find one. Please enter the address of your feed to validate."

If I click on the URL I get an empty directory listing.

Regards,
JD Stewart

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: No RSS Feed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:30:29 pm »
You can't have a /feed/podcast/ directory.  It will conflict with your feed.  The feed does not make a directory that you can see.

Did you post your episode to a "page" or a "post" in wordpress?  There will be no RSS feed unless your posting it to a post.

Also, did you put the url to the media in the "podcast episode" box at the bottom of your wordpress post template?

-Mike

jds

Re: No RSS Feed
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:29:33 pm »
Thanks I removed the directories and the feed validated.
I posted to a post in wordpress. I also put the url media in the podcast episode box.
JD