Author Topic: Adding own flash/html5 player into PowerPress  (Read 1784 times)

passerby

Adding own flash/html5 player into PowerPress
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:16 am »
hello,

standard powerpress players are good, but what if i want to see my own-designed, with colors and logo of my site, showing number of downloads, embeddable flash/hmtl5 player? is it possible to add it into that amazing plugin? i'm not advanced source-code editor, but i would really appreciate any clues and ideas, of how can i do that, at least, theoretically.

thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:58:50 am by passerby »

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Adding own flash/html5 player into PowerPress
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:35 am »
Yes, it's possible to use another player with powerpress.  You would have to disable the powerpress player and manually post the player of choice in your post.   

If you were a coder, you could automate the process (or hire us to do it for you :) )

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:07:14 am »
If you create your own WP plugin to add your player to WordPress/PowerPress, please contact me cio [at] rawvoice (dot) com and we'll add it as an option to the PowerPress Player settings menus.

IndependentJo

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »
How do you tell powerpress to use the video from the powerpress media URL in your own player?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:39 am »
IndependentJo, can you explain what you want to achieve, because I do not understand the question.

IndependentJo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 06:31:51 pm »
What I would like to do is tell powerpress to use "special player" instead of the built in powerpress player. I am basically wondering how I would go about finding other players and what I would need to do to implement those players into wordpress and have powerpress post the video in that player instead of powerpress player.

If I had a player code like this one: <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="player url location" style="display:none"></embed>
could I paste that code into a post and then tell powerpress to play the video through that player?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:33:54 am »
Okay, I replied to that, you need to contact me with your plugin so I can then add the necessary hooks to PowerPress. This assumes that you submit and maintain the plugin on wordpress.org plugins repository so others can install it.

If you create your own WP plugin to add your player to WordPress/PowerPress, please contact me cio [at] rawvoice (dot) com and we'll add it as an option to the PowerPress Player settings menus.

If you already have your own embed code, turn on the 'embed' option in the powerpress settings, then your embed code will be used in place of the PowerPress player. PowerPress Settings > Basic Settings, for entry box settings enable 'embed'.

passerby

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:45 pm »
is it possible to add hit counter in player?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:05:18 pm »
Hit counter? please explain?

passerby

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »
just like the views counter on youtube. showing number of listenings (and downloads, eventually)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »
WordPress plugins are confined to using only a handful of storage techniques in WordPress, which limits it's ability to efficiently store such data. In order to provide a reliable plugin, we'll never include such functionality in our plugin. Just keep in mind a good hit counter would need to be able to write to your WordPress database at every page load, which is not an efficient task in of itself. I've seen non-commercial hit counters take web sites completely down when traffic spikes.

With that said, we do offer podcast statistics that is managed by our own servers, learn more here: http://www.blubrry.com/podcast_statistics/ (There is a free and a paid version available)

We do plan on offering a widget that our podcast statistics users can add to their web site to display download totals. It will be coming sometime this summer.