Author Topic: Podcast shows up on Home Page but not post page  (Read 1408 times)

nwcomedynetwork

Podcast shows up on Home Page but not post page
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »
Weird thing. Just started using blubrry. I use a modified Wordpress site using the WooTube Theme. On my site, once I publish the Podcast player only shows up on the home page. when I go to main page the podcast link doesn't show up. I have to enter the Powerpress Shortcode for anything to show up. So then I get a double player on my home page. What's weirder is that when I preview the page before I publish it looks like the podcast link is going to be there. It's just something about when I publish. Any ideas?

Right now the podcast is on the main page: www.NWComedyNetwork.com and the permalink page is http://nwcomedynetwork.com/podcast-comedic-wisdom-episode-2-nigel-larson/

Love some help on this. I don't know if this affects stats.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Podcast shows up on Home Page but not post page
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:47 am »
A couple things to try...

In powerpress settings > media appearance tab, either select or de-select "Display media / links in: WordPress Excerpts (e.g. search results)" and see what happens...

You could turn off the player by selecting disable under Player and media links and just use the short code..

You could also try selecting "yes" under "having theme issues?"  and NOT using the shortcode..

Let me know if any of those things make a difference...

Michael Dell
Tech Support, RawVoice Inc.
p:1.877.729.8642
twitter: mgdell
gtalk: mgdell

nwcomedynetwork

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:17:15 pm »
I will try those. I was originally just going to use the shortcode, but the "download" link doesn't show up when I use that shortcode. Is there a setting for that?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »
Use the shortcode by itself, meaning don't add any extra attributes. [powerpress] (this tells PowerPress logic to use the post's episode data. If you specify any attributes in the shortcode, then PowerPress will assume you are adding a custom player in your post and still add the default player as it would have before.