Author Topic: Meta Marks  (Read 4929 times)

VFHwebdev

Meta Marks
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:23:54 pm »
I'm super excited about the meta marks feature, but I can't find any documentation on it and can't seem to get it to work. If I want to do something basic like create an anchor to a specific point in an mp3 file, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Meta Marks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:27 pm »
http://www.powerpresspodcast.com/metamarks/

No player yet, next step player, devices, platforms.

podcastcoach

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »
Todd this explains what it is, where do we find HOW to do it. I've got a drop down and four boxes. The drop down I figured out, the rest.. not sure so. I just spent 20 minutes playing and gave up.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:10:57 pm »
Position Currently = number of seconds in whole value will likely change it in future to read 00:00 etc but for now whole number of seconds.
Duration = Number of Seconds
Link = Hyperlink if appropriate (will likely update this so boxes dont appear or are greyed where not needed

Here is the technical API spec found at  http://www.rawvoice.com/services/tools-and-resources/rawvoice-rss-2-0-module-xmlns-namespace-rss2/   We will get this into English terms shortly.

<rawvoice:metamark>

metamark, if present as a sub-item of <item> and <item> includes an <enclosure> item, specifies additional meta information that may complement the enclosure and/or may be used during the playback of the enclosure’s media. It has four attributes type, link, position and duration and may contain a value.

<rawvoice:metamark type=”tag” position=”480″>This is where I discuss how to properly beat eggs</rawvoice:metamark>
    <rawvoice:metamark type=”ad” position=”120″ duration=”60″ link=”http://www.example.com/path/to/advertisement.html”>campaign:5634</rawvoice:metamark>
    <rawvoice:metamark type=”video” link=”http://www.example.com/path/to/media.mp4″ position=”240″ />
    <rawvoice:metamark type=”comment” link=”http://www.example.com/path/to/comment/” position=”360″ duration=”60″>Tom: Loved how you discuss how to make cookies with a toaster oven.</rawvoice:metamark>

If this item is present, the information within the metamark’s attributes and value correspond with the item’s <enclosure> and can be used for and possibly displayed during media playback.

link value should specify URL to the media, web page or image.
type value should specify the type of metamark. e.g. video
position value should specify the position in seconds where the metamark should be handled during playback.
duration value should specify the duration in seconds the metamark should be displayed.

Element attribute type must be one of the following and include the noted attributes and/or values.

video – Attributes link and position must be specified. The link value should be to a valid video in the same format as <enclosure>, e,g, http://example.com/path/to/video.mp4.
    audio – Attributes link and position must be specified. The link value should be to a valid audio in the same format as <enclosure>, e,g, http://example.com/path/to/video.mp3.
    image – Attributes link, position and duration must be specified. The link value should be to a valid image in jpg or png format.
    comment – Attributes position and duration must be specified, a value in the form of a textual comment should be present. Attribute link is optional.
    tag – Attributes position must be specified, a value in the form of a textual label should be present.
    ad – Attributes position and duration must be specified, a value in the form of a unique identifier may be present. Attribute link is optional. Note: the value is intended to be an identifier, it is not intended to be re-displayed.
    lowerthird – Attributes link, position and duration must be specified and a value in the form of a URL to a web page is optional. Note: This type is for video enclsoures and intended for the video player to display the image specified in link as the lower third advertisement. The link value should be to a valid image in png format with appropriate transparency set if desired.

podcastcoach

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:31:48 pm »
Angelo,
Thanks so much.
Are there supposed to be labels above the boxes? Mine are blank.
Dave

podcastcoach

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
I just opened this in IE instead of firefox and it looks comeptely different. I'll keep you posted as I play.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 11:17:48 pm »
What Browser was that In?

Angelo,
Thanks so much.
Are there supposed to be labels above the boxes? Mine are blank.
Dave

podcastcoach

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:13:26 am »
Firefox 10.0.1

podcastcoach

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:30 am »
Angelo,
When you say.
image – Attributes link, position and duration must be specified. The link value should be to a valid image in jpg or png format.

If I wanted the image to show up at the beginning I would put. 00:01 in the second box I would enter 00:10 (to have it show for 09 seconds). then in the this box enter the image html. Are there three or four boxes? I'm using firefox 10 and I just tried IE 9, and I'm seeing four boxes. (I put comment box to see what would shine up where when I was playing with a comment box).

VFHwebdev

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »
So until  there's a player available, we can't really use this right?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:20 pm »
You can start using this. If you don't then you would have to go back and edit all the previous episodes when you do decide to start using it.

Not just web players will take advantage of this, Apps can too, such as the Blubrry TV and Mobile device apps on Android, Google TV, Samsung Internet TV, Roku and Boxee.

VFHwebdev

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »
So I wan to embed links to specific time signatures in my mp3 files. How do I do that and test to make sure it's working?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:24 pm »
There's no way to test yet, but I'm putting that on the TODO list (Some sort of Feed Meta Marks validation page that also lists all the metamarks with a list of what they will do during playback.

The position and duration values currently must be entered in seconds, e.g. 3 minutes 24 seconds would be entered 204 (60*3 + 24). I'm working on converting this to hh:mm:ss (mm:ss if no hour) in a future release.

podcastcoach

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:21 pm »
Can we get a screen shot of some examples? Maybe I'm confused, does this feature actually work? Is this more a first peice of a larger project that will come in future releases?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 10:34:01 am »
It is a first piece or phase of a much larger project. Plus getting this out means other developers can use the information for their own players/web sites.