Author Topic: Switching to Blubrry from "Podcasting Plugin by TSG" WP  (Read 2691 times)

shaunfitz

Switching to Blubrry from "Podcasting Plugin by TSG" WP
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »
i am looking for a Wordpress plugin for our podcast and am currently using "Podcasting Plugin by TSG". works great for my needs but the player is a Flash player and mobile iPad/iPhone viewers of our site cannot see the audio player. I noticed Blubrry has an HTML5 player. Will this solve that problem and will i lose anything if i make the switch?!??

IF i make the plugin switch, what will the process look like?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Switching to Blubrry from "Podcasting Plugin by TSG" WP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:35 am »
We worked with the original creator of the "Podcasting plugin" now called "Podcasting Plugin by TGS" back in 2009 to make switching between the plugins as easy as just disabling one plugin and enabling the other. Link: http://ronaldheft.com/2009/12/powerpress-imports-podcasting/

Tip: First install PowerPress plugin and enable it. Then go into PowerPress settings and add everything you need. Episodes are automatically detected by PowerPress (since both Podcasting and PowerPress store episodes in the same way). Then when you are ready, disable "Podcasting plugin" and PowerPress will take over. If you're using WP Caching plugins, you will need to flush them after everything is done.