Author Topic: Make podcast episode titles different from blog post title in feed  (Read 1187 times)

vanetha

I am looking for a way to specify the podcast episode title instead of having that automatically pulled in from the post title for the podcast feed.

Specifically, I title the posts "Podcast Name | Title", but I'd like to have this show up in iTunes as "#1: Title"

Is there a way to do this? I would imagine it would be under Settings > Basic Settings > Episode Entry Options, but I just don't see it.

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere. I searched old posts but couldn't seem to find an answer. Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Make podcast episode titles different from blog post title in feed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:21 am »
Currently there is not a way to do this, and it would be rather involved to accomplish since the post/page title otherwise is a function of WordPress (PowerPress doesn't touch it).

I have a good reason not to do it: SEO. Your feed will be indexed on other sites with the Podcast Program Name on every episode page, which will be redundant when viewed in directories such as Blubrry.com and iTunes. The process could have negative implications on your own web site with the same name.