Author Topic: Any Ideas on cutting back data usage?  (Read 765 times)

Paradoxcontrol

Any Ideas on cutting back data usage?
« on: December 22, 2011, 04:36:52 pm »
My Podcast is pretty popular, so I know I'll be using quite a bit of traffic regardless of where I go. However, I really don't think I should be using as much traffic as I'm being told I am. Currently I'm using amazon s3 as a solution for hosting. I just recently started to give it a shot and my numbers are vary high. Just over the last day I've racked up over 28GB in data transfer. I'm having a hard time judging if its true user download or if its artificial some how. One thing I'm considering is hosting the files on my go daddy account as it has "unlimited" bandwidth. However I have a strong feeling that if I was to go from using around 500MB a day in data on my site to over 28GB of data over 18 hours I might trip some alarms at Go Daddy and they'll shut me down.

Any one else struggle with this? My last podcast host was libsyn and I didn't care for the services they provided. The 250mg plan was not enough space, and the 400mg plan is more then I want to spend with features I don't need.

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Any Ideas on cutting back data usage?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »
This is the price of success. 28gb in a single day is only 28 downloads of my video podcast which racks up about 5000 a day..

Todd..