Author Topic: Alternative Podcast Revenue Streams  (Read 10941 times)

rawvoicemarketing

Alternative Podcast Revenue Streams
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:49:13 am »
Most people focus on podcast advertising as the main revenue stream from their podcasting efforts. Consider offering podcast consulting services as a way to earn a stream of revenue from your podcast.

If you've been podcasting for a little while and are very familiar with the tools, services and the podcast industry in general then chances are that businesses can benefit from your knowledge. In fact, you probably know more than you think you do.

I've met with a lot of business owners who are very excited about podcasting, but don't have the time to navigate all the steps required to create, publish and promote a podcast. I've earned money doing this and I can tell you that the opportunities definitely do exist.

A great way to get started and build a reputation is to approach non-profit organizations in your community and offer to help them with creating a podcast (or even just a blog) on a pro bono (yes free!) basis. They cover any costs related to actually starting the podcast (like hardware, hosting, software) but you don't charge them for the time to do the work.

This approach serves two purposes. First, it helps you to gain experience working with clients which can be very helpful if this isn't your normal cup of tea. Second, you have just added a friendly client to use as a reference when you make proposals to other businesses.

2GuysTalking

Re: Alternative Podcast Revenue Streams
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:02:16 am »
I've done deals with several local radio stations to capture mobile audio with my mobile podcast recording studio.  In a realm where they don't want to pay to gas up a truck and can send out a 1974 Super Beetle (The Podcast Bug, literally) to capture high-quality audio for commercials and interviews.

It's another great ability that the experience of podcasting has provided me and I'm so thankful that I've had it and can't wait to see more as I continue spilling my podcast efforts on to others.

Mikethinks

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:00:33 pm »
I like the idea, but can't help but wonder if the economics make sense for most podcasters.  If they are that cheap, whats your benefit?

goodwill221

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
What about revenue for just podcasters? Will there be any break from the music companies if a person wants to do an interenet radio station with little money at all? Having to pay huge royalty fees has stopped alot of people from starting up an internet radio station.

rs_shadow0000

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:22:22 am »
A abundant way to get started and body a acceptability is to access non-profit organizations in your association and action to advice them with creating a podcast (or even just a blog) on a pro bono (yes free!) basis. They awning any costs accompanying to in fact starting the podcast (like hardware, hosting, software) but you don't allegation them for the time to do the work, -spam removed-
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:16:32 am by mgdell »

san_francisco_photographe

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:10 pm »
shadow, that is a good idea.