Author Topic: Change my Email in Account Settings  (Read 3551 times)

mteye

Change my Email in Account Settings
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:24:43 pm »
I never thought I would need to ask this, but my longstanding hotmail account that I've used for years has been cracked into by a virus, and is now blocked. Short story: I'm not going to unblock it, and am switching to another email address.

My question, and trouble I'm having on my blubrry accounts is that I can't find where to change my email address in my profile settings. Can it be changed? I can understand having a login name that can't be changed, but not the email address

How do I change the email on my blubrry account?

How do I change it here in the forum? I tried clicking the "modify" link on my profile page, but it appears to do nothing. I'm a blind computer user, and rely on a screen reader. Is there supposed to be a drop down menu that I can't get to? Too bad web site software can't just use regular old edit boxes, combo boxes and standard form fields.

If I just need to close my account, and register with a new email... What about the subscribers to my podcast? Will they still find my rss feed if I make such a switch? Will my stats all start from scratch?

Besides providing an answer, can you also drop me an email at: keith@retro-otr.com

The forum will try to email me at my dead email address, and I won't get it.

thanks.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Change my Email in Account Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »

On the blubrry account, give me the old email and the new one and I will change that for you.  Email me at mike [at] rawvoice.com  You can also email me your login info for the forum and I can change that for you if you are having trouble.

I've never tried to do any of this with a screen reader.

-Mike

mteye

Re: Change my Email in Account Settings
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »
Thanks for the quick responce, and for taking care of this for me. I just wanted to publicly post that if other blind podcasters are out there reading this, though there could be some snags on rare occasions the folks on the blubrry team are great.

The podcasting tools are typically simple, and easy to get started with, and very accessible. The support staff is much more quick to respond than I am in sending out this word of thanks.

Thanks again for the help.