Author Topic: Image in itunes and HTML 5 Player on iPad  (Read 1547 times)

adamhann

Image in itunes and HTML 5 Player on iPad
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »
Hi, I have two problems I'm trying to figure out. If they should be on different threads I can make that happen then.

First problem, for some reason my podcast image is not embedding into my mp3 through the wordpress blubrry plugin. Is there a way to make this happen and to check it before waiting for the next post to come out?

Second problem, my HTML5 with the wordpress blubrry plugin is not working on the ipad but does work on the iPhone. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Image in itunes and HTML 5 Player on iPad
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:37 am »
First: audio does not display artwork, only video, except for the special case of m4a. m4a is not an HTML5 compatible format either. HTML5 audio embeds look different in each browser/platform, it's outside of our control without including JavaScript, which adds a lot more complexity.

Second: Please reply with a link so we can see. Also make sure your iPad is up to date, the first versions did not support HTML5 and was added a few months after the iPad was launched.

adamhann

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:01:20 pm »
Angelo,
Thank you for the response. Here is a link to the site with a podcast embedded: http://saturateonline.lcbcchurch.com/2011/10/what-we-need-what-we-give My iPad is an iPad 2 with up to date software.

In regards to the artwork, I guess what I was trying to accomplish was associating a podcast image with the mp3 file so that when played in iTunes the artwork was with it. I used to do this in iTunes before uploading to the server, but was under the impression that this could be done with the coverart tag under the PowerPress settings.

Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:38:02 am »
Oh ok, and your assumption is incorrect. Coverart in PowerPress is for when you find the show in the iTunes directory.

You want to write the image(s) to the media file itself in the form of tags. Mp3 calls these ID3 tags and I believe m4a calls it the meta tag container. Either way your audio editing software should allow you to put artwork as well as additional meta information such as title, sub title, author etc... into the media file. The artwork then in the media file is what iTunes displays during playback, and it carries this info to your iPhone/iPad once your desktop computer is synced to your device.