Author Topic: Feed Works But Feed Validator Claims No  (Read 1256 times)

JimHarold

Feed Works But Feed Validator Claims No
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:37:14 am »
My secondary podcast series (feed) http://jimharold.com/?feed=jimharoldscampfire works in iTunes and other feed readers.  However, FeedValidator says the feed is invalid because of the following error:

line 98, column 2: type attribute of enclosure must be a valid MIME type (14 occurrences)

In readers, and in iTunes these come up as MP3s. 

What might be causing this, I don't want to change anything drastically for fear of breaking it altogether.

On an unrelated note, right now I am using podcast channels to post two separate podcast series (2 feeds), it looks like I should be using "Category Podcasting" instead...can I make that switch without changing feed names?  Did this functionality change because I didn't notice it when I set my 2nd podcast series up in the spring.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Jim Harold

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Feed Works But Feed Validator Claims No
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:45:16 am »
Did you migrate from PodPress to PowerPress or were you previously entering these podcast episodes in by hand? For what ever reason the type=audio/mpeg entries have an extra space, which is why FeedValidator.org doesn't like the value. It shouldn't be an issue for podcatchers as you have observed.

version 1.0.4 (coming out very soon) will have a code change that should fix this problem you're reporting.

JimHarold

Re: Feed Works But Feed Validator Claims No
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:21 pm »
Thank you for the answer.  I am a PodPress convert, but these were episodes were entered AFTER I made that migration.  The important thing is that this will be addressed in the new release.  Thank you.  I did not see my 2nd question addressed, but I will start a new topic to address that.  BTW, PowerPress is fantastic!

Best regards,

Jim