Author Topic: what podcast directories to submit to?  (Read 1393 times)

mtnjim

what podcast directories to submit to?
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »
besides itunes and blubrry, what podcast directories do you recommend submitting to?

thnx,

Mtn Jim

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: what podcast directories to submit to?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:19:32 am »
Podcastalley.com
podcastpickle.com

Also, zune marketplace is a good one.

-Mike

kitchensinkradio

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »
mypodcast.com will host your podcast for free.  96k is the per episode max and don't expect much help from their "customer service" but it's better than either podcast pickle or podcast alley which I can't stand.

also, have you tried podomatic.com?

JoeKnucklehead

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:42:43 am »
I have had no luck registering my podcast on Podcast Alley. They've got this confusing thingy where you've got to paste some sort of link on your own webpage to verify something or other, and whatever the heck it's supposed to do, it doesn't do it for me.

Now, I'm a Knucklehead and all, so I'm probably missing something obvious. If anyone can provide a pointer, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Joe K.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 01:00:05 pm »
kitchensinkradio:

Blubrry.com has podcast media hosting. If you do not want to support Blubrry and our services, then that's fine but I would recommend you do not advertise competitors on the blubrry.com forums, specially without mentioning Blubrry's offerings.

If you need media hosting, Blubrry have been podcasting since 2006 with a rock solid track record, a reputation for providing excellent support and our hosting solution integrates with our free PowerPress WordPress podcasting plugin. More details available here: https://secure.blubrry.com/podcast-publishing-premium-with-hosting/

kitchensinkradio

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:01:10 am »
Angelo,

Sorry you felt like I put Blubrry on "blast".  I did not and that was not my intention.

Mtnjim asked for additional sites to submit to...on Blubrry.  What did I do that was any different from what mgdell (Tech Support for Blubrry and RawVoice Inc) offered?
=================
Joe K.,

No, you did nothing wrong.  For the very reason you listed is why I stopped using Podcast Alley.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:00:05 am »
Directory listings was what the question was, but you started mentioning paid services, which is quite different than getting listed places.