Author Topic: Updated to plug-in version 2.0.3 from 1.x, iTunes not updating feed  (Read 1387 times)

Voltaic

  • Rookie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
I had a database issue and updated a bunch of my plugins and Wordpress to try and fix it yesterday. Although those measures turned out to be erroneous, I now appear to have an issue where iTunes won't update my feed. All of my existing episodes are there but today's is not yet. My Stitcher channel has updated but not iTunes.

My feed is http://mediabreach.com/feed/podcast/

Am I just being impatient? It seemed to update almost in realtime with the old version of the plug-in.

mgdell

  • Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3318
Your feed is ok.  It does have the last episode (from July 6th) in there. 

The iTunes LISTING may take time to update. Our plugin has no control over that.  Your feed is correct and that is what the plugin does.  The fact that Sticher is updated will prove that.  Check to see that if your are SUBSCRIBED using itunes, that the last episode is there.  If it is, then the LISTING will update when apple gets around to it. If it takes a real long time or just never updates, that is an itunes problem and you will have to contact them.

Happy Podcasting!

-Mike

voltaicass

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 6
Thanks for the reply. I was just about to update. What I found is that within 30 minutes of removing the following from the enclosure, iTunes updated-

"no_player";i;s:8:"no_links";i:1

When it listed in iTunes, it didn't have the correct time listed. I had to change where it says a:5 to a:3. this updated within 15 minutes.

Any idea how I can get these things to change by default?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 02:39:32 pm by voltaicass »

mgdell

  • Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3318
No, I don't.  That is strange.. When you do your next post see if it is still happening and let me know.  I don't think powerpress would have anything to do with the timestamp on your post, but it could be a bug of some sort. 

Make sure you have cleared your caching plugin if you use one. 

-Mike

voltaicass

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 6
So I tested that and the issue remained the fix, however, was to uncheck the  Display Player and Links Options setting under Basic Settings.  Any idea why that would cause the issue?  Is that information supposed to show up there?

angelo

  • CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4483
Quote ""no_player";i;s:8:"no_links";i:1", this is data stored in the "Custom Fields" and should not be modified. This is serialized data by WordPress, modifying this can cause major issues. If you need to modify podcast episode data, do so in the Episode Entry box.

As far as timestamps are concerned, upgrading WordPRess itself may have caused the changes, specially if it discovered a difference in your server's time zone compared to what you have configured in your WordPress settings. PowerPress has nothing to do with timestamps/dates.

voltaicass

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 6
Not sure what to say then.  The only way the information even enters the "Custom Fields" is when I set up the episode with Blubrry for the post.  I've modified these before with no ill effects.  In fact, as I mentioned yesterday, it actually resolved the issue for me. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:11:25 pm by voltaicass »

angelo

  • CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4483
The data in the custom field 'enclosure' needs to be in there a particular way. If it worked, great, but do not be surprised if you continue to edit these fields directly that something does go wrong.  This word of caution is for anyone reading this thread.