Author Topic: PowerPress and Feedburner  (Read 1499 times)

master00sniper

PowerPress and Feedburner
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:16 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to wordpress, plugins, podcasting, and basically everything of the sort. Although I think I've been doing good so far :)

I have an issue with PowerPress and Feedburner. I did a search first on here, and I found other people with my problem, however the solution doesn't seem to fix it for me so I'm going to see if my circumstance is perhaps a little different.

I started up a basic RSS feed, with a plugin for Feedburner (I think the plugin is actually called feedburner), which all up until recently has been redirecting my RSS feed link to feedburner.

After deciding to go into podcasting and installing PowerPress (I like a lot of the features in PowerPress, but not all of them. I still want to use FeedBurner), both RSS feeds (*/feeds and */feeds/podcast, and even when i type in the specific URL for feedburner) now are shown by PowerPress, not Feedburner. (Sorry if my terminology is lacking, like I said I'm new).

I read a thread from someone having a similar issue. The fix was to find a way to redirect the feed back to feedburner. I followed the instructions, but couldn't quite find where to do this for a while. I ended up enabling custom podcast channels, clicked edit on my default podcast feed, and found a way to redirect that back to feedburner (by entering the feedburner URL into the box). So far however, it hasn't worked yet. Even if it does, that wouldn't solve the problem for my main RSS feed right? Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it :)

Sincerely,

Kyle
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:56:51 pm by master00sniper »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: PowerPress and Feedburner
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:58 am »
Our primary solution is Don't use FeedBurner. If you have a problem with FeedBurner, you need to contact FeedBurner.com for help.

If you have a question specifically for PowerPress, we can assist you.

If you want to redirect a Podcast feed in PowerPress to FeedBurner, you need to Activate "Podcast Channels" feature, then go into Podcast Channels tab, edit your podcast only channel, then set the FeedBurner URL. Once you do this, we don't provide any support.

Also keep in mind that we provide support for PowerPress, this support is FREE. When you want to introduce another service into the picture, it stretches our ability to provide you FREE support, thus we no longer help you if you use FeedBurner.

There's no need to use the podcasting features in Feedburner if you use PowerPress, as you can set every single iTunes attribute directly in WordPress. The only reason you would ever need feedburner is if you wantd to measure your readership, which has no bearing on media downloads (your podcast consumption).