Author Topic: April Newsletter  (Read 3850 times)

Todd

• Administrator
April Newsletter
« on: April 21, 2011, 03:28:45 pm »
Please welcome Mindy Willard to the team!

Blubrry is excited to announce the addition of Mindy Willard, digital media sales manager, to the RawVoice team! RawVoice, in case you didn’t know, is the parent company to the Blubrry, Tech Podcast, TravelCast and ProMed digital media communities.

“I am looking forward to working with companies who understand the power that this marketing and advertising strategy has,” Willard stresses. “The loyalty that this audience brings is incredible. I am really excited to have my brain cells working overdrive and being successful in this new media world.”

Willard is based at RawVoice’s Columbus, Ohio, office working alongside Angelo Mandato, CIO, and Cameron Williams, web programmer. Six other RawVoice team members span the states between Michigan and Hawaii.

In addition to being a very patient person -- having put up with Mandato and Williams for weeks now -- Willard brings national marketing experience to the team. Previously, she worked as a national advertising account executive at The Columbus Dispatch (nearly 4 years) and in consulting operations at Sterling Commerce Inc. (5+ years). She graduated from Columbus State University.

Willard has two children, ages 15 and 12, who are involved in a bunch of activities. She will be celebrating her 17th wedding anniversary this year and is a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. “I definitely have a balanced life,” she says. “You can't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

A new sales manager means new deals: Are you ready?

We send out inquiries to thousands of community members asking, “You interested in advertising on your show?” And, no surprise, we get a resounding “Yes!” from most of you. But here’s the thing. When we check out a lot of the shows’ specs, we have little information to go on: no advertising survey and no statistics. This really leaves us guessing and when 10’s of thousands of dollars are on the line guessing is not an option.

By filling out the survey and running the stats we get a very clear picture of your show. But be for-warned no advertising survey and no media stats will leave your show on the sidelines. Personally I do not like throwing money away and I know you don’t either so follow the info below to be ready for new ad deals.
Here’s what you have to do and this is a two-step process.

* Click on “Manage Account” in the upper right hand corner.

First: Click on the “Make Money” link.

* Click on the “Advertising Survey, which will bring up the survey.
    * Load the show for which you want to fill out the survey.
    * Answer the questions.

Second: Click on the “Measure” Link

* Click on the “Media Stats” Link
    * Follow instructions on Getting Started Link

Tada! Basically, what we’re trying to do is collect information on your shows that will allow us to get a feel for where your show has been and where it’s going.

The stats combined with the survey give us the information that we need to align you with specific advertisers who are trying to reach your audiences.

We look at:

The numbers of your audiences, whether you have 100 viewers and listeners or 10,000, we work with ALL show sizes.

The demographics of your audience: where they come from to ensure the advertiser can reach the intended audience.

Your site: Is it advertiser ready? Is it appealing and easy to navigate? Are your show notes comprehensive and thorough?

Whether the link to your show on your website is easy to find.

We have a very strict policy in place that we will not share your information with a vendor. If we are asked by a vendor for specific number for your show, we will gain your permission before providing the vendor with that information.

Top shows from us to you, right on Cue!    

Coming soon! We’ll be introducing our Cue Too media-on-demand (MOD/VOD) service! At CueToo.com, content creators can sell their premium content online and through over-the-top (OTT) television. This will give consumers a centralized location to find premium shows not available through traditional video-on-demand channels. Stay tuned!

Soon, you'll get to check us out at cuetoo.com!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:13:28 pm by Todd »