Author Topic: iTunes image and RSS2 image  (Read 1620 times)

wkeving

iTunes image and RSS2 image
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »
I haven't submitted the podcast feed to iTunes yet because I'm trying to make sure it's all right. I have both an iTunes image and an RSS2 image loaded in the plugin settings. I'm trying to understand what should be happening with those. I've opened iTunes and manually subscribed to the feed. It is pulling the correct feed, it is pulling the episodes, the meta information is right, but I don't seen any artwork associated with the Podcast or the individual episodes. Should I at this point? The feed is http://gfc.tv/snellville/category/sermons/feed/

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: iTunes image and RSS2 image
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:41 am »
Looks to me that you are all set to submit to itunes.. I see your artwork for Grace Snellville in the feed.  That is what itunes will pull.

Congrats!

happy podcasting!

-Mike

wkeving

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:35 am »
Thanks for the response, Mike, but I'm still unsure about whether I should be seeing the artwork for the podcast in iTunes at this point, prior to iTunes directory submission. If I should be seeing the artwork when I manually subscribe, not through the iTunes Podcast Directory, but when I go to "Advanced">"Subscribe to Podcast", then something's not working, because I don't see any artwork at that point. Are you saying that I will only see artwork associated with the podcast when it's submitted to the iTunes directory and when I subscribe through there? I would think that the artwork should show up in the feed regardless of where the subscription originates. Thanks, again.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:14 am »
The itunes and rss2 images in powerpress are for your feed and your itunes listing.  You still need to embed the image in your media files if you want them to show when someone plays them in itunes or on another media device.

It's called ID3 tags for mp3 files.  You can read about how to do that at http://www.podcastfaq.com/creating-podcast/audio/id3-tags/

Your feed looks good and itunes will pick up that image for your itunes listing if it hasn't already.

-Mike

wkeving

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:02:00 am »
Mike, thank you. That's what I've been trying to confirm. I was pretty sure that's all it was, but was just looking for confirmation.