Author Topic: Widgets  (Read 3338 times)

DiviCommsTrust

Widgets
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:05 am »
Hi there,

I was wondering if I could use the shortcode [powerpress] in the widget area as I would prefer it to feature there rather than on a page. If yes, please could you let me know how to write the code because I have tried it and it's not showing properly.

Many thanks

DiviCommsTrust :)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Widgets
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:18:11 pm »
As per WordPress, shortcodes only apply to post/page content. They cannot be used in other places.

Common places folks try where shortcodes DO NOT WORK:

• in the theme PHP/HTML (will not work)
  • in the sidebar (will not work)
  • in sidebar widgets (will not work)
  • in the title (will not work)
  • in the excerpt (will not work)

There is another solution though. You can enable "Embeds" under PowerPress Settings >  "Appearance" tab. Then you can copy the embed code for a particular episode, and paste that embed into your sidebar/widget.

lhastings

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 08:16:10 am »
I know that widgets are really useful because they have a lot of components at work all at the same time but there has been a study how people have grown some measure of tolerance with anything used on the side as something that is pretty much like rubbish advertisement.

While that does not always translate to a widget, it is the usual place where widgets are published so there is a very good chance that visitors are not making use of it.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:45:17 pm »
lhastings: What are you talking about?