Author Topic: Video converter  (Read 8178 times)

tata

Video converter
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:27:55 pm »
iOrgSoft Video Converter is a versatile yet easy to handle video converter. Almost all popular video files, such as AVI, MP4, WMV, 3GP, MOV, VOB, MPG, ASF, RM, RMVB, FLV (Flash), etc can be converted to desired formats so that you can easily put your favorite movies on iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, Mobile Phone, etc. Besides, it lets you convert any videos to MP3, WAV, M4A audio formats.

robblatt

• Community Advocate
Re: Video converter
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:38 pm »
In functionality it sounds similar to Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/) which started as a DVD ripping program, but has since turned into a full fledged replacement for VisualHub on the Mac side of things. they offer Linux and Windows flavors as well. It's open source and worth a try as well.

ValorDT

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:53:06 pm »
A couple of free video converters I can recommend is Any Video Converter and Avi2DVD. Always worked pretty well for me.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:31:09 pm by mgdell »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:01:45 am »
Avanti is your best freeware option for Windows, it requires a win32 build of the open source ffmpeg to be added after installing Avanti. Instructions are on the page linked below.

http://avanti.arrozcru.com

Edgy Podcast Reviews

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »
I was very sad to hear my favorite Mac application VisualHub had stopped development. Many good video converters have already been suggested. I will just add a couple of recommendations.

- For the most granular control over video and audio conversation is ffmpegX project.
- Some have named VideoMonkey as VisualHub's replacement. It's a bit too limited for me.
- You can not go wrong with the latest version of Handbrake.

lhastings

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 07:58:22 am »
For anything related to conversion, I like using smart converter because it is a one click solution to anything related to video compatibility.  I like how you could just pick the device you are going to use it for and drop drop the file to convert and just wait.  It also offers a wide array of options you could tailor cut to your preferences.  It is not free though, but it is all good, at least personally.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »
There is a complete section on PodcastFAQ.com regarding this topic: http://www.podcastfaq.com/creating-podcast/video/converting-video-formats/

The PodcastFAQ link above links to a few freeware apps. I would think that if you're going to bother spending money to do video conversion, you may as well buy Quicktime Pro. Apple pretty much set the standards for mp4/m4v and own most of the patents related to H.264.