Author Topic: Adding New Podcast Post hangs on Update or Verify  (Read 1085 times)

vinny

Adding New Podcast Post hangs on Update or Verify
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:32 pm »
I haven't added a podcast post since the most recent upgrade (2.0.1). I'm trying to this morning and clicking verify just spins the wheel. Clicking update hangs for a while and then returns me the posts list. I assumed it was a bad video file but that seems fine. I tried using the URL from a video that was from before the update that I know is working in a post and that one behaves the same way. Any thoughts?

*edit* If it helps, the hang only occurs when the [powerpress] short tag is in the post body.

*edit* Workaround is to put the URL in the enclosure custom field and not use the podcast editing fields
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:02:04 pm by vinny »

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Adding New Podcast Post hangs on Update or Verify
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:35:06 pm »
One thing to try is if you are using a caching plugin for wordpress, reset the cache.  Another thing you could try is removing and then re-installing powerpress.  There might be a file that got corrupted during the install.  (you won't loose any of your settings).

If none of that helps. go to powerpress on the sidebar under tools and run the diagnostics and send the results to support [at] blubrry.com and we will take a look.

-Mike