Author Topic: 2.0 Broke Download/Play in New Window links using template tags  (Read 2651 times)

RVoodoo

I just updated to plugin version 2.0 (on WP 3.1)

Upon doing so I no longer have the download and play in new window links.

I place my player within the loop using the template tag the_powerpress_content, it worked fine yesterday

I have confirmed it is only using the template tag, as if I set the option from the admin panel to show the player below my content, then the links come back.

However, I must use the template tag, to properly control things.

Any idea how to get my links back?  Site is rvoodoo.com, example post is at http://www.rvoodoo.com/local-selection/omri-we-in-the-place-to-be/

Todd

• Administrator
Re: 2.0 Broke Download/Play in New Window links using template tags
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:13:47 pm »
We are aware of the download link issue, fix will be out in next update, and will look at your Play in New Window issue as this is the first we have heard of that being a problem as well.

RVoodoo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:39 am »
Awesome, the download link is the important one.  But yeah, all the text is gone.  I just have the player showing.  I've verified all my settings.  I'm pretty sure I can grab the custom field 'enclosure' URL for now and output it in my loop as a temporary fix until things get fixed up.  I gotta have my downloads available.

Thanks for looking into the issue!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »
Fix will be released tomorrow, PowerPress 2.0.1

RVoodoo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:39:51 am »
Well,  the bug led me to learn how to manipulate custom fields in WP.  I was able to grab just the first line of the enclosure custom field and use it as a temporary fix for a download link.  That was kinda cool, helped me learn a fair bit.

But I just applied the update, and the download and play in new window links are back, and they work.

So thanks for the prompt attention and the fix for this!!

andrewdalaniz

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:58:45 am »
When I upgraded to 2.0, my links never disapeared, but the code has changed and I cannot find where I need to edit the code to modify the url that Download points to.  Can you tell me where the url for the download link in 2.0.1 is defined?
Thanks

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:06:50 pm »
The URL to the media? It's under PowerPress > Basic Settings tab. Click 'advanced settings' link if you haven't already set this up.