Author Topic: Player shows sometimes, sometimes not  (Read 1481 times)

40cooper

Player shows sometimes, sometimes not
« on: March 03, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »
I recently installed this plugin and was very excited when I saw it was working. Exactly what I was looking for. The problem is, the player shows on some of the posts, but not on others. I can't figure out why. The mp3 file is listed in all posts the same, but I did notice that the enclosure custom field is getting auto added to some posts and not on the ones that aren't working. I'm new to this plugin and could use some help. Anyone else have this issue? I searched this help thread, but couldn't find the exact problem. Thanks.

40cooper

Re: Player shows sometimes, sometimes not
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »
Ok, after some investigating I've found a few weird things about this. 1st let me point out, this is not a site comprised of original podcasts of my own. This is an information site on podcasting with articles and tools. I'm trying to expand it to also be a directory of sorts, just with hand picked podcasts. I use a plugin that grabs the podcast feeds I specifiy and creates new posts for them. When I first installed powerpress it worked great, and I wasn't using the short code for the player, it was doing it on auto for me. Then I noticed some posts weren't displaying the player even though the mp3 link was in the post. The edit post screen showed that the enclosure custom field was missing on these for some reason, and not on others. Then I added the short code to the top of the posts and that seemed to work so I took the short code and placed in a post template within my auto post plugin so that the player would display at the top of my posts. Again, it worked great for a couple posts, then I noticed some popped up missing the player again. It's perplexing because if I go the post edit screen, the short code is there as it should be, if I save that post(without changing a thing) it miraculously fixes it and the player then shows up. I know this is a lot to take in, but I'm baffled and none of this makes sense. It seems as if it should be working, but it just sometimes isn't.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Player shows sometimes, sometimes not
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:06 am »
The problem is with the history of different WordPress versions, older versions did not auto 'enclosure' media files, newer versions of WordPress did auto enclosure. But you are in luck, the same procedure for importing a podcast from a service such as Blogger or MovableType applies for your situation as well.

Simply go to PowerPress Tools page, click the "Import from other Blogging platform" and then follow the instructions on this page. It should map out all the posts that have media files in them as well as let you pick which feed to associate the media to. You ant to double check them all, sometimes media files are in a post aren't necessarily intended for podcasting.