Author Topic: Podtrac statistics not working  (Read 2451 times)

switters

Podtrac statistics not working
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:57 am »
I have two URL redirects entered in the Services and Statistics tab in Powerpress:

- http://media.blubrry.com/thehealthyskeptic/
- http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/

The Blubrry statistics are working perfectly, but the Podtrac statistics aren't working at all.  It says "measurement hasn't started" when I log in to my account on podtrac.com.  Any ideas?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Podtrac statistics not working
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:09 am »
We're not PodTrac, you will need to contact them for assistance.

switters

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:14 am »
Yes, but I'm following your instructions for how to integrate additional tracking URLs in the PowerPress plugin.  If the tracking URL isn't being properly inserted into the RSS enclosure by the PowerPress plugin, then it would be a PowerPress problem.

I've sent them an email, but of course they're going to ask if I've inserted the code into the RSS enclosure.  Since that is handled automatically by PowerPress, I have no idea how to verify if it's happening.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »
If Blubrry is getting the redirect, then Obviously PodTrac is also getting the traffic. If the Podtrac URL was wrong, it would not compete the linking to your media. Simple check, can you play your media in your feeds or on your web site?

switters

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:17 pm »
Yes, media does play on the website and in the feed.  All seems to be well, and I cut and pasted the Podtrac URL from their site.  Guess I'll have to wait to hear from them.

switters

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:05 pm »
I finally heard back from Podtrac.  They told me their tracking URL needs to be in the first box to work.  I thought I read somewhere else that the Blubrry URL needs to be first.  Can I safely move the PodTrac URL to the first box?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 07:07:00 pm »
Yes, the position of the Blubrry media URL does not matter.