Author Topic: podcast art not showing up in iTunes  (Read 7882 times)

kdelapla

podcast art not showing up in iTunes
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:25:49 am »
I know this problem has been raised before a couple of times, but I have yet to find a diagnosis that applies to my case. I can't seem to get my iTunes podcast art to show up in my local iTunes application.

My podcast is at www.criticalthinkerpodcast.com. I do both an audio and video version of the podcast using PowerPress. From what I can tell I've got my podcast logo url in every field that PowerPress has for it (all the "itunes image" fields, both in the general itunes settings panel and in the itunes settings for the individual feeds).

The logo art shows up fine in the iTunes store. It's just when you subscribe, the art doesn't show up in iTunes, I just get the default podcast logo.

Here's the feed url for the audio version, generated from PowerPress: http://www.criticalthinkerpodcast.com/feed/podcast/

Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: podcast art not showing up in iTunes
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:37 am »
Once you subscribe, iTunes uses the artwork in the specific media file to display when you select an episode. For mp3 files, check out the podcastfaq.com topic on ID3 tags: http://www.podcastfaq.com/creating-podcast/audio/id3-tags/ Video formats are dependent on the editor you use. You want to set what's called "poster" art for video.

kdelapla

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:09:11 am »
Thanks for the note.

So what I gather is that I have to update each of my podcast files, manually add the art to the id3 tags, and re-upload the files to BluBrry. Is this right? I can certainly manage this.

But my question then, is isn't this something that you're supposed to be able to do within PowerPress?  I have a recollection that my podcast art used to show up, but stopped showing up after I moved to a new wordpress installation (in November sometime). But I've never manually added podcast art to my mp3s, so how did the art show up before? My PowerPress settings are all the same.

Or am I just misremembering this?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
If it's not in your mp3 files, it won't show up on the player software. (or iPods). You can add art to your mp3's easily in itunes.

Just drag your mp3 into itunes and then right click on the file.  Select "Get Info". In there is a bunch of tabs that you can fill out. The last tab is "artwork".
 That will put your artwork in the file and once you do that, then upload your file and it will show up in the players.

-Mike

kdelapla

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:42:06 am »
Thanks. I can't believe I didn't know about this before ...  :P

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:45 am »
We all start someplace.   You are in the right forum to learn :) 

Happy Podcasting!

-Mike