Author Topic: Do the stats really work?  (Read 9064 times)

Barely

Do the stats really work?
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:42:22 pm »
I just started using the stats and they don't seem to work for me.  I have uploaded two show and released them.  Libsyn shows normal numbers of downloads per all my past shows.  The Blubrry stats are showing only 4 episodes that are nearly 4-5 months old being downloaded.  Nothing newer.  Is this incorrect, or is there an issue with the stats feature?

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Do the stats really work?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:34:33 pm »
What is your show and I will have a look. Thus far no complaints from people on the stats. The stats update every three hours. But please feel free to contact us directly if you have a question in the future but again tell me what show is yours and I will have a look.

Barely

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
Todd, my show is Barely Podcasting.   Not the largest numbers out there, but still respectable.  Thanks for looking in to it!

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:43:39 pm »
I was looking at your RSS feed, and only saw this http://media.libsyn.com/media/barelypodcasting/088Barely.mp3 I did not see the redirect in your RSS feed. Being you are using Libsyn you will want to read this http://forum.libsyn.com/viewtopic.php?t=7793&highlight=redirect

Barely

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:33 pm »
WHile I host with libsyn, my feed is via podpress.  I have upgraded to the most recent version that is Blubrry compliant.  I wonder what I have missed.

Nerraux

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:59:51 am »
Do you have the right feed link? I assume Todd's looking at what you have listed as the feed in your account, which is only one episode. You need the link for the feed.

Did you click the REFRESH YOUR FEED link in your Blubrry account area? I know I have to do that or our new shows don't show up.

Todd, is there a way to do that automatically? I don't get in here every day to check up on that, but we release a show 5 or 6 times per week. It would be nice if it could refresh on its own, even if only once per day.

Also, the stats show TOTAL DOWNLOADS, UNIQUE DOWNLOADS and REPEAT DOWNLOADS but 'repeats'+'uniques' does not equal 'total'. What's the story there?

Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 10:24:32 am »
Podpress 8.5 still has some bugs.  The built in Blubrry Stats option does not work yet.

The preferred way to implement the Blubrry stats into Podpress is documented here: http://www.rawvoice.com/support/content/6/37/en/how-to-implement-the-statistics-redirect-in-wordpress-with-podpress.html

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: the stats really do work!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 10:42:45 am »
Nerraux,

The refresh option should automatically do the refresh for you every time you sign into the stats.  If you have to physically click the refresh icon, please let us know so we can investigate the problem.  If you are referring to the refreshing please wait screen, this is in place so you know we calculate the stats right then and their.  Keep in mind that the imported logs may be up to 3 hours behind during this refresh.  Every attempt is made to calculate the most up to date stats for your show.

The term 'Repeat visitors" may not be the best title to describe this value.  This is the number of unique IP addresses that download two or more episodes.  We will rename this field in the future to try to minimize confusion.  Perhaps the title of "Unique Repeat Downloads" or "Returning Visitors" would be a better title for this value.

Barely

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 07:20:36 pm »
Ok I have done everything that was mentioned here.  I have the right rss feed in here, I have the settings in podpress exactly as stated here, and still nothing.  Am I the only one having this issue still?

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 03:42:18 pm »
have you looked at your feed and made sure the redirect is really in your feed?  To date we have not had anyone have any major issues

richpalmer

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 10:16:09 pm »
Like Barely, my stats never worked right here...

I had mentioned similar issues in the past on other threads, as well.  I attempted to do everything that is recommended in the other threads, to no avail.  And it seems until there is better integration with Podpress, I'll not see effectiveness.  I finally just turned all the efforts for Blubrry stats off until I can see some better integration.

Unfortunately, since Libsyn pulls stats and Feedburner pulls stats, that sucks up the opportunity to use the Blubrry stats anyway (which is what I really want to do).  I have been using the Podpress stats instead because I seem to get better tracking of the actual file usage through them.  If my show wasn't two years old and the feed at Feedburner fully established I'm hesitant to turn it off and direct my users to the "pure" feed.

ADDENDUM:  I forgot to mention that when I attempt to use the URI redirect -- it KILLS my media files.  Nothing comes through the feed and they are not available in my page players, either.  This is obviously NOT an option or a fix for me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:18:40 pm by richpalmer »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 10:23:36 pm »
Hey Rich,

I took a look at your feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/AudioGumshoe) and tested downloading your media with a Firefox plug-in called Live HTTP Headers.  I observed the redirection of your media is working correctly.  I also observed that you are currently using the media.blubrry.com redirect.  I am presuming the information we've posted on our support site may have helped you resolve the problem?

I will send you a personal E-mail to see if this problem has been resolved.

To reiterate, the Blubrry Statistics option in Podpress is broken.  I've personally posted the code fix on our support site under topic "How to implement the Statistics Redirect in Wordpress with Podpress".  Until the creator of Podpress includes this code fix in Podpress, Podpress users will have to use the steps documented in the support link below.

Support link for this issue: http://www.rawvoice.com/support/content/6/37/en/how-to-implement-the-statistics-redirect-in-wordpress-with-podpress.html

Barely

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 09:00:06 am »
I am still having issues.  I am only showing 4 episodes in my list of downloaded show, and nothing in the past 9 months.  I know they are getting at least one download as I download my own show to make sure it works.

I am hosting the files on Libsyn, but my RSS fees is through podpress 8.8.  It is frustrating as I have done EVERYTHING here to get it working right with no luck at all.