Author Topic: multiple podcasts -- single or multiple accounts?  (Read 4128 times)

jackwarr

multiple podcasts -- single or multiple accounts?
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:02:26 pm »
I want to have 3-5 podcasts hosted by Blubrry. Does that mean I'll need 3-5 accounts or can I host multiple podcasts on one account?

jackwarr

Re: multiple podcasts -- single or multiple accounts?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:46:16 pm »
I really thought that this was an easy question. As I narrow down my search for a media host to two -- Blubrry and Libsyn, I found that neither answered what seems like an obvious question. I really can't believe that I'd be the only one who's wondered if they could have more than one podcast on an account. However, neither Libsyn or Blubrry answer this question in their FAQs. The difference is that when I asked Libsyn, I got a response within an hour. It's hard to believe that this question has been posted for two days and not one attempt at an answer - either by someone from the community of from Blubrry. When I sent the question to Blubrry support, I got an automated response that I should expect a response in 24-48 hours. Even though Libsyn costs more, this will probably make my decision much easier.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: multiple podcasts -- single or multiple accounts?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:53:17 am »
When we speak of account, we speak of the login name to sign in.  You can have multiple programs in one account. each program in your account is treated as a separate hosting plan.

If you want to use one hosting plan for multiple podcast programs, the only problem is your statistics and file names will all be combined into one program on blubrry.com, which may not be desired. You can do it though, it just may become a very complicated mess depending on the number of programs.