Author Topic: Player shows in blog, not in single posts  (Read 1911 times)

mtk67

Player shows in blog, not in single posts
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »
I've got the plugin working using the Audio player. It shows up fine on my home page (each post with an enclosure shows it just fine.) However, when I open any of the entries to view it, the player does not show up.

When I select the checkbox 'Having Theme Issues', then the player shows up in both places. This is great. Except it shows the accompanying text "Podcast: Download" twice on the home page for each post (though not when I open the individual posts).

Any suggestions how to get the player to appear in both places without the duplicated text? To see what I'm talking about, check out my dev site at http://www.cetialpha6.com

Thanks,
Mike

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Player shows in blog, not in single posts
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:01:46 am »
Mike,

I checked it out, and I'm only getting the download links once on both your homepage and the post pages.   It could be something in your browser.. I tried it using Firefox and IE for Windows and Firefox and Safari on the Mac.  What Browser are you using ?

-Mike

mtk67

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:21 am »
Mike-

I can see it with Safari for Mac and Chrome for Mac. The wording appears directly below the player and then at the very beginning of the paragraph below it (the text in the blog). The two entries are separated by a blank line. The first time it appears, the word 'download' is a link. The second time it appears directly after that, its just text.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:08:45 am by mtk67 »

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:10:09 am »
Oh yeah, I see it now.  Hmmm.. I was looking for links..  All i get is plain text. 

That is a theme issue.  Can you tell me what theme you are using so I can test it?

-Mike

mtk67

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:17 am »
It is the Inspire theme from WooThemes. Oddly, I did not have problems when I used the default player (FlowPlayer classic). But I liked the 1 pixel out player because of the customization options so I wanted to use this one.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:13:01 am by mtk67 »

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:12:28 am »
Just for the heck of it, can you try using the shortcode?   

Put [Powerpress] at the top of your post..  If that doesn't do anything try putting it at the bottom of your post..  It looks like something to do with the excerpt on the front page.

-Mike

mtk67

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:20:25 am »
When I use the shortcode (after turning off the 'having trouble with this theme' option) it puts the player wherever I put the shortcode (top or bottom) without the duplicated text on the home page.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:05 am »
Will that work for you?   It looks good on my end.

-Mike

mtk67

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 12:31:16 am »
I really would prefer not having to use the shortcode if possible. The default player worked fine without modifications, but the 1 pixel player is doing this. If there is a way to correct this without using the shortcodes, that would be less editing of hundreds of posts and easier going forward too. If shortcode is the only answer, then I would probably abandon the pixel player.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:45:21 am »
I will check with Angelo and see what he can come up with.

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:59:04 am »
Can you try another theme to reproduce the problem? Also, if using the option "'having trouble with this theme" under appearance settings, essentially that means PowerPress is having to re-add the player to your post content, because of a poorly coded theme. Again, switch to a known well developed theme like the 'default' or new WordPress 3.0 theme and see if the problem goes away.

mtk67

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:27 pm »
It works with the default theme. It even works with some of their other themes. Of course, they are disavowing any responsibility. Here's what they suggested:

"Regarding the post not displaying in single pages, please request that the developer looks into adding a filter to the_content at the top, which should add the player to the beginning of the content."

I'm trying to persuade them to look into this, but thought I'd mention what they said in case this triggers any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks,
Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 01:12:56 pm »
I would find another theme, easier said than done, especially if that theme does something specific you want.