Author Topic: Questions on Category Casting with Blubrry stats and Podtrac stats  (Read 1822 times)

homeservershow

I have one install of PowerPress that supports two podcasts.  I currently have category podcasting setup for both of these shows and have a few questions.  I'm running 1.0.12.
In PowerPress settings I have all the info setup for podcast #1.  In category podcasting I have both shows setup with individual podcasts.

My first question is since I don't use multiple enclosures on either podcast do I need to have the information setup in Custom Podcast Channels?  When I first setup PowerPress I entered Podcast #1's info here not knowing what I was doing.

Second question.  Both podcasts are counted in my blubrry.com account.  I would like to split these stats up into separate accounts on blubrry or see them separately when I look at stats.  I need some help doing that as I'm reluctant to experiment on a system that has been working very well.

Last question.  If I want to route stats for both Podcasts to Blubrry and to Podtrac how would I go about doing that?  Inside other settings in the category podcasting tab?  My redirect is on the global settings page right now and I see that I can add multiple services there but not so sure under category podcasting.

Thanks for your help and for a great WordPress Plug-In.

Dave

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Questions on Category Casting with Blubrry stats and Podtrac stats
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:53:24 am »
1. No, you don't need to put information in custom podcast channels but in the category podcasting area.

2. On blubrry, just add show #2 to your main account (click on "add program" in the "manage account area")  Then go to that "program" and setup stats.  You would put that redirect URL in the Category podcasting area under "other settings" .. Do that with both shows..  Each with their own redirect keyword.

3. To add your podtrac redirect into the mix, put it like this: http://your_podtrac_redirect/media.blubrry.com/your_key_word/  That way it will do both redirects.  A safer (but not as nice) way to do it is to manually put both redirects like that in the Media URL area of the post template.  At least the first time just to make sure it validates that way.  You may have to change the order of the redirects.

Hope this helps!
-Mike

homeservershow

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:49:29 am »
# 3 in the category podcasting other settings?  I guess it overrides the global settings when you do this?

I've seen somewhere else in threads that Blubrry redirect needs to be first so I guess I'll try it that way.

homeservershow

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »
Verified with Podtrac and they say to put their redirect first.  I hope they both work.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:05:57 pm »
The order should not matter, though PodTrac may want theirs first for their own reasons.

homeservershow

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 01:07:09 am »
Just a follow up on this.  I published a podcast with both redirects and it all went fairly smooth.  In the redirect box I omitted the trailing slash at the end and it hit the feed with an invalid path.  Added the slash and re-sync'd the feed and everything went as planned.  Thank you for the help.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 07:08:54 am »
I love it when a plan comes together!  8)

-Mike