Author Topic: Conflict with Simple Facebook Connect Like Button on Single View Only  (Read 2131 times)

RVoodoo

I know this conflict could be the fault of either plugin, so I'm asking at both places, hoping for a resolution.  It's a strange conflict.  If I have the SFC (Simple Facebook Connect) plugins 'Like' button module active, the player doesn't show up.  But, only on my single post view.  The 2 plugins will coexist quite nicely on my index.php blog view.  http://www.rvoodoo.com/mix-of-the-moment/mix-of-the-moment-d_t_r/ is an example of a page where the 2 should be.  The like button is currently disabled, as I really need my player to show.  Anybody use these 2 plugins and have this issue?  Any ideas what could be different between single and index view?

RVoodoo

Re: Conflict with Simple Facebook Connect Like Button on Single View Only
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:13:08 am »
hmm.... the problem only exists with auto insertion of the player.

<?php if(function_exists('the_powerpress_content') ) : ?>
<?php the_powerpress_content() ?>
<?php endif; ?>

places the player manuall, which works for me!

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:25:32 am »
The Simple Facebook Connect plugin is modifying the content after PowerPress adds the player and links.

To get PowerPress to add it's player after the Simple Facebook Connect plugin, add the following define to your wp-config.php, near the top of the file.

Code: [Select]
define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 40 );
The 40 here is important. PowerPress default priority is 10, and the Simple Facebook Connect plugin is using a priority of 30. So by setting a higher priority number, it means that PowerPress will be prioritized later int he priority order. (the priority of items starts at 0

RVoodoo

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 01:00:41 pm »
my solution was to just place the powerpress player manually.

Its strange, because I was already placing the Like button manually, so you wouldn't think the priority thing would be an issue.  The Like button wasn't really using the content if it's being placed manually... I don't think?

But now I've placed everything manually in my theme (which looks better anyway) and all is well. Thanks for looking into this