Author Topic: Play in New Window - plays but with WARNING text in window  (Read 3641 times)

wexler

Play in New Window - plays but with WARNING text in window
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:00:29 am »
WP Version: 3.0.3
Theme: PageLines Platform Pro

When I click on the "Play in new window" link, a window pops and the player plays. However, I see this ugly warning message:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Array' was given in
...r.e.m.o.v.e.d.................../wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

*NOTE:  I removed part of the URL above

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:15:22 am by wexler »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Play in New Window - plays but with WARNING text in window
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:52:53 pm »
We are working on the problem and will push out a release soon.

ktcosmos

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »
Angelo,

I assume you have seen my post elsewhere (earlier today) concerning this message:

"
Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/local/www/blog.looseends.net/data/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpress.php on line 2348"

I figure you saw it but there's no reply yet, so thought to post that here too.

Thank you,

Katie

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:01 am »
Yes, and I got this fixed in the development version. We'll push out an update soon.

wexler

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:57:02 pm »
WP Version: 3.0.3
Theme: PageLines Platform Pro

When I click on the "Play in new window" link, a window pops and the player plays. However, I see this ugly warning message:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Array' was given in
...r.e.m.o.v.e.d.................../wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

*NOTE:  I removed part of the URL above

This appears to be a theme-related issue because in another more simplistic theme, the popup window shows up without the error.  Pagelines themes are popular but I don't know what if any other themes might be impacted.  Many thanks for looking into this Angelo.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:31 am »
The issue will still be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the detail, I thought perhaps some web hosting or WordPress 3.0.3 caused the problem, but apparently it is a set of themes. The theme is setting the debug flag to yes, which then prints all the warning messages. Either way, next update to PowerPress will eliminate the warnings for the pop-up player.

davemoppert

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:22:43 am »
I am having the exact same problem.  I am currently using a Pagelines Pro theme and get the same error when the new window is chosen to listen to the podcast.  Has this been fixed yet?  Any idea of when (if not already) an update will be available?  Here is my test site: http://epicgeniusmedia.com/fmp2/episode-134/ if you want to see the error I am getting. 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 03:02:09 pm »
The warning should have been fixed already. If it's not, please reply with the line number it is printing the warning for and what version of PowerPress you are using.

davemoppert

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »
It still doesn't work.  Here is the error code I get:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Array' was given in .../wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

You can see the error I am getting by checking out the site: http://fmpbowcast.com/category/podcast/

Just open one of the podcasts in a new window... I also have an issue with the audio file when it is opened in a new window -- it loops and when I press pause on the player it stops the loop, but continues to play!  HELP!!!!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:46 pm »
What version of PHP are you running? Go to PowerPress > Tools menu and select the bottom option "Diagnostics" for version information.

davemoppert

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »
Running PHP 5.  The diagnostic says everything is good:

Your version of PHP (5.2.17) is OK!

You are using 12% (31.4M of 256M) of available memory.

Temporary directory /home/content/80/7517280/html/wp-content/ is writable.

davemoppert

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27:19 pm »
BTW - I am using the Pagelines Pro theme just like Wexler's original post

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
I just needed version of PHP, so I am running the same version on my test environment.

davemoppert

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:37 pm »
Got it... Just let me know if you find a fix so I can use your solution on my end.  On another note: I just got an email from Carie (site admin) who said that she is getting a new error message when trying to upload a new podcast:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /.../wp-content/plugins/powerpress/getid3/getid3.php on line 271

davemoppert

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 06:59:16 pm »
I reverted to an older version until you are able to find a fix.  Thanks!  Still have the initial error message:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'Array' was given in /....../wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

but don't seem to have all of the rest of the errors I am currently encountering with the latest release of blubrry powerpress.  I just set the font size to 0 to hide the error message above.

Please let me know when there is a fix!  Thanks!