Author Topic: Podcast Feed Will Not Validate  (Read 1767 times)

Rocketdocket

Podcast Feed Will Not Validate
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »
Feedvalidator as of a day or two ago is telling me I have an invalid podcast feed:

http://mobilebeyond.net/feed/podcast

The only change is MobileBeyond is now using Cloudflare, a CDN. But MobileDiscoveries.com is also on the service and the feed validates.

Can anyone assist.

Thanks,

Brian

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Podcast Feed Will Not Validate
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »
Looks like some sort of WP caching plugin is jacking up the feed. View the feed in Firefox, right click in the middle f the page and select 'view source'. the line formatting is totally jacked, and the bottom there is a comment line at the bottom that shouldn't be there.

Rocketdocket

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:56 pm »
When opening in Firefox, it only shows the top header. The rest of the screen is blank. I attached the file when bringing up page source (attached.)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »
So you understand, I gave you the answer to your question, you got something jacking up your feed, most likely a caching plugin of some sort. I simply explained to you how you can see for yourself that it is messed up.

Rocketdocket

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17:39 pm »
I first disabled WP-Minify which screwed up my CSS. So I did the usual switching permalinks to standard, then back to postname. Affter disabling W3 Total cache, the feed and podcast feed returned to normal. (There's disagreement among the W3 techs about caching feeds.) In the process, I also disabled a few other plugins (redirection, etc.)  and disabled CloudFlare

Aftter re-enabling W3 Cache and restoring the browser cache lines in .htaccess, the feed structure remained o.k. So I restored CloudFlare CDN and unchecked "pretty URL's" in WP-Minify

Googling "feed" and "w3 total cache" brings up a whole slew of users who've had problems with Feedburner and W3. I didn't see any for standard WP feeds.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:16:37 am »
You'll need to contact w3 total cache for assistance on that one. Or look for a better web hosting service that has all the necessary PHP accelerators installed making the need for a caching plugin moot.