Author Topic: Geeting away from Feedburner  (Read 1339 times)

sockmonkeysound

Geeting away from Feedburner
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »
I set up my podcast http://sockmonkeysound.com with Feedburner initially and have been writing the embed code into every post since the beginning. This is tedious and time consuming and I really don't like the lack of control I have over episode descriptions and also want to incorporate a video or audio player within episode posts. We also need better, more accurate stats.

How do I transition from Feedburner , maybe dropping it all together, and incorporate the Powerpress plugin into my website without losing my existing subscribers on iTunes and other pod-catching sites?

Is there a post that details this process? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Geeting away from Feedburner
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »
If you are using feedburner,  you will be able to keep using feedburner.  Install powerpress, configure everything and then go to feedburner and change the feed that feedburner takes to the new powerpress feed for your podcast and you shouldn't loose anything.  You may have to go back to your old episodes and make sure that powerpress picked them up. 

The nice thing about feedburner is if you change feed addresses at your website, you can just change it at feedburner and nobody will notice :)

Let us know if you need more help with this.

-Mike
mike [at] rawvoice.com

sockmonkeysound

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 06:47:11 pm »
If you are using feedburner,  you will be able to keep using feedburner.  Install powerpress, configure everything and then go to feedburner and change the feed that feedburner takes to the new powerpress feed for your podcast and you shouldn't loose anything.  You may have to go back to your old episodes and make sure that powerpress picked them up. 

The nice thing about feedburner is if you change feed addresses at your website, you can just change it at feedburner and nobody will notice :)

Let us know if you need more help with this.

-Mike
mike [at] rawvoice.com

Thanks for the response Mike!

Another question if I may:

Can I disable the "Smartcast" option in Feedburner so that I can write descriptions, keywords, and click the explicit tag on and off in Powerpress for individual episodes?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:20 am »
Yes, you should be able to do without "smartcast" (I really need to go look at just what that does)  :)

Anyway, Happy podcasting!

-Mike