Author Topic: Subscribe to iTunes / RSS feed links  (Read 4781 times)

johnb172

Subscribe to iTunes / RSS feed links
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:09:22 pm »
Is there a way to include a link to subscribe to iTunes, and the category RSS feed along with the download media link? Ideally what I'm looking for is to have "Podcast: Download Subscribe: iTunes | RSS" with the iTunes links corresponding to a podcast category's iTunes URL, and the same for RSS.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Subscribe to iTunes / RSS feed links
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:52:56 am »
Sounds like you're looking for our Subscribe Sidebar plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/subscribe-sidebar/

johnb172

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:27 pm »
Sort of. But I'd also like to have subscribe links right next to the download podcast link.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »
You could put a manual link to subscribe via itunes in each post.  itpc://www.example.com/feed/podcast . That would get the job done.  Notice the ITPC:// instead of the http:// in the address you would link to.  This will open itunes and subscribe to your feed when clicked.

-Mike

marrie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:54:17 pm »
Oh wow interesting. i did not know you could do this. I think though if you wanted to have it besides every podcast post putting it in the show notes woudl get a bit tedious unlus you used the ultimite tinymce editer and had the [signoff] thing that way you could put in that short code and have it do whwat it needs to do. It is sort of like a signature at the end of every post you can opt to put in or not. Just a thought that you could do fo rnow.

Good luck.