Author Topic: Mp3 Playlist In One Post  (Read 1635 times)

ryanmorris

Mp3 Playlist In One Post
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:59:23 pm »
How do you add more than one mp3 to a post?

mgdell

• Blubrry Support
  • Administrator
  • Tech Support for Blubrry and RawVoice Inc
    • Mike Dell's World
Re: Mp3 Playlist In One Post
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »
You can't add more then one Mp3 to an RSS feed in a single post using the blubrry Powerpress plugin.  There are other plugins that will put flash players for each mp3 linked in a post, but I'm not sure what ones work that way.  Try searching "Mp3 player" in the wordpress.org plugin directory.

-Mike

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:17 am »
Don't forget you can also use the PowerPress shortcode to embed just a player in the post/page. Just place the shortcode where you want the player to appear in your post/page's content.

Code: [Select]
[powerpress url="http://example.com/path/to/media.mp3"]

ryanmorris

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »
I know it could be seen as the competition, but Podpress works the way I like, I just don't know how to include it's meta fields in a custom post type. Powerpress' meta fields just showed up so I've been using it. Do any of you know how I should go about adding the fields to a custom post type?

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:54:53 am »
Keep in mind that having multiple media files in PodPress is problematic for your podcast feed. iTunes will download the first enclosure that it sees in the feed ignoring the rest. Other podcatchers and podcasting directories either pick up the first enclosure or the last in each post item.

If you are doing this to organize your episodes into, for example, 3 segments, keep in mind that someone listening on iTunes is going to only listen to the first segment and someone using Google Reader is only going to get the last segment. Your almost never going to find anyone downloading the middle segment. If this is what you're trying to do, I highly recommend you confirm this problem on your own by subscribing to your podcast in iTunes, Google Reader, and other podcatchers to see that we're right.

If you are doing this to provide multiple formats of your episodes for example in mp3, m4a and ogg, we have a much better feature for that in PowerPrss called "Custom Podcast Channels". Podcast Channels allow you to provide separate feeds for each media type, and add additional podcast episode boxes to your edit blog post pages. Your separate feeds could look like the following: example.com/feed/podcast/ for your default mp3 media (example.com/feed/podcast/ is the default channel powerpress is packaged with), example.com/feed/ogg/ for your ogg version, and example.com/feed/m4a/ for your m4a version. Then your Linux minded listenres will want to subscribe to the ogg version, your Apple listeners would prefer the m4a version, and your users who just want the media to play on their media player or in their web browser though Google reader will appreciate the mp3 format.

ryanmorris

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:12 am »
I'm using the plugin/s simply to have a flash player playlist for different local musician pages. I don't want to directly post links to the mp3s, to download for free and I don't plan to run a podcast.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:35:41 pm »
In your case you You have no need for many of the features in PowerPress.

You can still do this with PowerPress, you just ignore the podcast episode box and strictly use the [powerpress] shortcode to insert the player where you want in your posts. PowerPress will also prevent WordPress from adding your media links to your blog's feeds and you have 5 different players to pick from in PowerPress including the 1 Pixel Out Player.

You may want to check out the WP-Audio and the 1 Pixel Out WPAudioPlayer player plugins for WordPress, as they give you a player without the podcasting feed and iTunes support. You will also need the KG-EnclosureFlex plugin to prevent WordPress from adding your media files to your WordPress feeds (If you're not using PowerPress to prevent WordPress from adding the media to your feeds).