Author Topic: How to disable audio player function?  (Read 3011 times)

ronsens

How to disable audio player function?
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:28:33 am »
Hi there,

first: thanks for that robust and beautifully working plugin.

In my WP weblog I have installed the WP Audio Plugin which auto links every mp3 given on the site.

My podcast is music-centered and  in the shortnotes/article for every episode I list all presented tracks with direct links to their mp3's. That list of mp3's is then consequently and already auto-linked by WP audio with its player - also the mp3 links of the podcast episode itself, included by powerpress - so I don't need any other additional player.

So here's my question: how can I disable the audio player function of powerpress when I don't want to use it at all? In the post itself I just would need the links to the episode, no player (great choice of 5 players, but no "no player" option unfortunately).

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:32:06 am by ronsens »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: How to disable audio player function?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »
The WP Audio player is packaged with PowerPress. First thing I would do is disable that plugin. Otherwise it will auto-add a player to any media link, it's what it is designed to do.

Second, in PowerPress settings make sure the "Auto Add Media" setting is set to "Disabled". Once this is set, only media files that you specifically link as a podcast in the "Podcast Episode" box will have a player, all the other media links  in your show notes will not have a player appear.

Unfortunately, any posts you created before using PowerPress will still have a player appear, this is because WordPress by default auto creates a podcast out of media files linked in the post content. The only way to fix past episodes at the present time is to go into edit and remove the Podcast Episode.

ronsens

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »
Hi angelo,

thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

The WP Audio player is packaged with PowerPress. First thing I would do is disable that plugin. Otherwise it will auto-add a player to any media link, it's what it is designed to do.

That auto-add function is exactly what I want - that's the reason why I use the WP audio plugin: every given mp3 will have automatically a player option - also in articles that are not podcast episodes - I have also disabled the "Add auto media" function of powerpress (because there are often cases where I simply present a mp3 in a "regular" article  (like "look, nice song I've found" etc. which hasn't to do anything with the podcast that I produce and for which I don't want to have an enclosure etc. ).

I also recognized that we probably don't speak about the same WP Audio Player plugin - well, there are so many out there, this can happen easily :) . This is the one I'm referring to: http://wpaudio.com/ while you probably meant http://wpaudioplayer.com/ - which is in fact part of powerpress. I like the first one more (and would also recommend it to add for powerpress btw - although they already have 5 to choose :) )

Maybe I have to explain a little more in detail how I want to use it: Powerpress works perfect for the control over RSS feeds, that's the main function for me. But on the front-end side I wouldn't need its player(s)  - it would be fine when it still gives me the link to the mp3 of the episode automatically in the post, but if this isn't possible without presenting also one of its players then - can I somehow disable the "show podcast link" in the post itself at all?  I simply would add the link to the podcast mp3 by hand.

I know there's a shortcode to control where the podcast-Link is shown in the post, but how can I say: "no podcast-link,please, in this post"? (by keeping the mp3 as enclosure of this post).

Best regards!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:42:09 pm by ronsens »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »
Oh, gotcha.

Go to PowerPress Settings, to the "Podcast Entry Box" section and select "Custom". In the list of custom fields to enable, place a check next to "Display Player and Links Options". When you check this option, it will give you two sets of sub-options. Select the appropriate combination you want and then click 'Save'. you can now decide on an episode basis whether the player and/or links appear for each post/episode.

ronsens

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:22:25 pm »
Perfect. Thanks!