Author Topic: Newbie: Can Powerpress player work on phones?  (Read 1657 times)

akat

Newbie: Can Powerpress player work on phones?
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:15:38 pm »
Hi all,

This is such a basic question, but please bear with me.

36 hours I knew nothing about creating a podcast, and now I have used Blubrry to fill my wordpress.org site with embedded audio. Yay. http://thepapermacheteshow.com

Then I visited the site on my Droid and saw lego icons where the players should be.  I listen to embedded audio on sites on my phone all the time, so . . . if anyone can point me in the right direction to figure this out, or know if it even "should" work, I'd be so grateful. Thanks!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Newbie: Can Powerpress player work on phones?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:02:49 am »
akat,

Well, it won't work on your phone (yet) because the powerpress players are flash based and your phone (or the iPhone/iPads) don't have Adobe Flash player installed.  On your Droid, you will get flash soon in an update to the OS on your phone, but Steve Jobs says NO FLASH on iphones.. period!  So, Until we get some html5 players, we are kind of stuck with the lego blocks.

You can hit the download link on either phone and you will be able to play the audio and most video files by downloading it an playing it in whatever app you use for that.

-Mike

akat

Re: Newbie: Can Powerpress player work on phones?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »
Mike,

Ah, I suspected it was that Flash issue, that makes sense. Maybe I'll put a "mobile users, download" note with my posts.

Thanks for the reply!

Ali