Author Topic: Wait a second... !!! I'm the first to post here?  (Read 11340 times)

Yuzzy

Wait a second... !!! I'm the first to post here?
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »
Damn... this is odd. This place rocks... Its a real podcaster's den... So why ain't there no one hangin in here...

I want to know more about the community... who are you folks? I am yuzzy. A music podcast host. I want to know what is yours...

rawvoicemarketing

Re: Wait a second... !!! I'm the first to post here?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:26 pm »
Somebody has to be first  ;) While Blubrry has been around since July of 2006, we just got the forum live in the past week. So this is only the beginning.

Yuzzy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:03:15 am »
Well that is pretty cool. I love the Blubrry concept and i'm pretty sure this will grow freakin big...

bmweerman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:01:28 pm »
Hi Yuzzy well we are motorcycle adenture podcasters...so there! he  eh

SinisterPurpose

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:35:32 am »
Yuzzy, it seems like you've been trying to activate these forums. After certain misadventures with another podcast directory's forums, I'm ready to make the blubrry forums my new home. Active and helpful forums are the life's blood of any good podcast directory.

I've got some ideas. Let's talk.

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:01:40 am »
Yuzzy has been an invaluable contributor to our forum space here at Blubrry. We want this to grow into a very valuable resource over time. It's going to take some time as there are other very popular podcasting forums out there. We're in it for the long haul though and expect that these forums will grow along with Blubrry.

Yuzzy

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 08:55:08 pm »
Goos to see you SinisterP. I have to say that on my side, I'm about to throw the towel. If my memory's good, I've been in the Blubrry "Community" since 8 months now. I was very exited at what they were planning to do around here. I really thought I would be chosen for marketing campains, that I would make friend and share my passion with other podcasters.

So I've been promoting Blubrry in my podcast either with links or with these audio tags. I came around here to try and start conversations. I've been keeping my surveys up to date and trying to make my choirs around the place.

But nothing happened. A few days ago, Todd was looking for canadian podcasts that seemed very specific. I tought that for once, I would fit into these specifications but I didn't. And really, looking at what was wanted for this ad campain, if my podcast don't fit in there... I feel it just don't fit anywhere. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not crying here... I'm not jalous or angry. I don't want to complain... All I'm saying is that I'm throwing the towel with Blubrry and I'll point my effort elsewhere... Maybe my show just sucks. That probably where I should put the effort, thinking of it... :D

Now for the community aspect... I found out that there is no such thing as a community. I'm registered in various forum... probably 8 or 9... and all wee see these days, even here, is spam, spam spam. It comes as no surprise when you think about it: Everybody here wants to be a superstar with their podcast. What makes podcasting a very selfish thing. There are in deed some guys like Rawvoice, or The ferf and Whieth on PA.. but for all the rest, people come on these forum to take.. not to give...

That's why I'm kind of desillusionate about blubrry. As much as I can give... It never came back and I feel it never will. The worst is probably that I have no instrument or measurment to tell me how I could make it work in here. I'm not saying I quit... just saying that I wont hang around as often as I used to.

This said, I gotta say that I still have the passion for what we call podcasting. I just released a new podcast and if it wouldn't be a time schedule reason, i would have 3 or 4...

Hope you're not tying a rope around your neck buddy! I let you judge by yourself. Things will probably go better than me... hope for you...

SinisterPurpose

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:22:58 am »
Still listening Blubrry?

<i>We want this to grow into a very valuable resource over time. It's going to take some time as there are other very popular podcasting forums out there.</i>

Why does it seem like you're trying to put the brakes on developing this forum?

Yuzzy, do not quit. Also get me a link to your show, because after seeing your cartoon, I'm interested. And I'm kind of podcast snob.

Man, I know how frustrating the world of podcasting has become. It's all this focus on "monetization" and "marketing".  No one's focusing on content anymore. Especially, from what I've seen, these blubrry guys. What they seem unable to comprehend is that marketing never mentions money. Marketing promotes product. Let me give an example.

<i>I think the area for discussion of network techniques currently is "The Business of Podcasting" section. I hesitate to add a new section just for podcaster networking tips only because we've had some feedback that we may have too many sections of our forums. I will keep an eye on how things develop and make changes if we need to though.</i>

That's a reply from the blubrry boys to a thread I started. Do you see what I see? Littlle to no understanding of networking (it isn't about business guys). Marketing and Networking are the purely human aspects of any financial endeavor, they are not concerned with money; they are concerned with communication. Because without communication, without networking, nothing ever gets sold. No salesman worth his salt runs up and asks, "Hey, do you want to give me some money?" But that's exactly how these guys think they're going to sell podcasting, as a route to riches. You know what else I see in that above statement? An unwillingness to act. I mean "feedback about too many forum sections"? From who? Was it you, Yuzzy?

Despite these conditions, I still say don't go Yuzzy. Blubrry needs us a lot more than we need them. Why? Because they can't generate the necessary content on their own. If they could and turn a profit, they would. It's just that simple. They cannot generate the volume of content they need. They need us.

These forums won't be the same without you. It doesn't matter if it's just you and I going back and forth. As a podcaster you must have now realized that the audience or lack thereof doesn't matter. What matters is that you enjoy what you are doing. Because genuine enjoyment is the greatest marketing tool ever discovered. My grandma used to say, "No one who hates what they do is successful."   

SinisterPurpose

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:48:30 pm »
Hmmm...not sure how to respond to that. The team at RawVoice is a pretty savvy group in both business and technology. We're not putting the breaks on anything. In fact we're working hard to help the industry grow. We're also committed podcasters. I think those facts are borne out in what we've done and what we plan to do.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 04:49:45 pm »
While some of the RawVoice team is still working their day jobs we are without a doubt working very hard to move the bar forward in multitudes of ways for all of the podcasters that are part of the communities.

Many on this team have not taken a vacation in several years because we remain completly engaged.

Todd..

Yuzzy

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 05:15:30 pm »
Ohh.. hey... Don<t get me wrong. I'm not accusing anyone here. I see the work you guys make. I<ve followed your every step. I listened to all your podcast, vodcast, blog, emails and post. I see where you are coming from and where you guys are getting. I see the effort you put in there and I have to say that you guys are superheros to me.

I say it more in a sens that maybe the Blubrry star wont shine for me. I have to study my own case without blaming anyone else... especially Blubrry. That's why I say that instead of focusing my efforts on ad deals and sucking for money and ad campains in Blubrry. Maybe I should just concentrate on my own work.

You still do your thing. I'm pretty sure that it benefits a lot of people... Better luck next time, yuzzy!

SinisterPurpose

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 09:24:44 pm »
First off, I'm sorry for making my case for Yuzzy to stick around and taking a whack at Blubrry within the same post.  At the time, separate posts addressing these topics didn't make sense. Now I feel I should have considered it further, because I feel like Michael Moore at the Oscars. Didn't mean to drag you up on stage under false pretenses. Sorry Yuzzy. And now my rebuttal.

Many on this team have not taken a vacation in several years because we remain completly engaged.

I appreciate the fact the Blubrry exists. I appreciate that many dedicated individuals spent many hours so that it could be. I never accused anyone of not working hard enough. That said, no vacations is the situation for lots of people doing very unsatisfying work. I'm not really interested in how you violate your own sense of entitlement.

Hmmm...not sure how to respond to that. The team at RawVoice is a pretty savvy group in both business and technology. We're not putting the breaks on anything. In fact we're working hard to help the industry grow. We're also committed podcasters. I think those facts are borne out in what we've done and what we plan to do.

Let's do this one in reverse. Nothing is "borne out" by what you plan to do. There's a problem of tense. You guys are committed podcasters? Congratulations! So is everybody here. Or at least we should be committed. (rimshot) How are you helping the industry grow? I'm genuinely asking. I look forward to reading what I'm sure is a compelling mission statement. I don't think I said anything about tech savvy. I'm sure you're tech savvy. Look there's a whole web thingy to prove it. Having business savvy means nothing. If it cannot be harnessed and seamlessly folded into organic networks, it is useless. Like trying to grow flowers with laser beams. Finally, it would seem that you know precisely how to respond.

Here's why I wrote this morning's post: I want to like Blubrry, but it's struggling to sell itself to me. I find some aspects of the site clunky. Navigating seems to require more knowledge than should be necessary. I don't really use it as a podcast directory per se because it seems limited in that regard. I stumbled onto blubrry I don't know how. I really know very little about blubrry itself. I know I get emails that I never read.

I'd like to finish up by saying I will not endlessly post on this topic. I've been on Metafilter long enough to know the difference between "vigorous debate" and "retarded flame war". I yield the balance of my time.

You're listening, but what are you saying.

Yuzzy

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:16 pm »
LOL... I got confused... I was just reading the last posts. I didn't see your rant... LOL.... I'll get out of the way and leave the stage to you guys...