Author Topic: Changing description on on Itunes?  (Read 1999 times)

daoster

Changing description on on Itunes?
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »
Hey all,

I'm trying to submit my feed to Itunes to put it up on their Podcasting section, and after a day of tinkering around with it, I've finally figured it out.  The problem is, before I actually submit the podcast, I've noticed that my particular feed doesn't have either a short description or a long description.  I've tried editing the Itunes keywords under the Category Feed Settings (I'm using Category Podcasting), but nothing shows up on either short or long description.

Any ideas how I can add a description to my podcast? 

Much thanks!   

Edit:  Wow...I am a dumbass, and I just figured it out!  Sorry for bothering you guys with such a simple question! 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:03:59 pm by daoster »

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Changing description on on Itunes?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:46 am »
That's ok.. We like those kind of questions :)   Tell us how you figured it out so it will help others (if you don't mind)

Happy Podcasting!

-Mike

Career Break Secrets

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:21:36 pm »
Please tell me how you did that. I'm trying to edit my description and can't find where I do that. Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:54:07 pm »
The description (tagline) of your blog, is also the description of your podcast. Go to WordPress Settings > General page and edit the "tagline" field. The tagline in WordPress maps to the feed's <description> tag. Same holds true for the title, the blog's title is the title displayed in iTunes and other podcatchers.

Don't forget that Podcasting is an extension of blogging, what ever you do for blogging is the same for podcasting with the addition of iTunes attributes in your feeds. Settings in PowerPress allow you to customize the iTunes attributes in your feeds, WordPress does all the other blog settings.

If you don't want your blog title to be your podcast title, you will need to enable the Advanced Option "Podcast Channels" feature in PowerPress, then go into the PowerPress > Channels area and edit the default 'podcast' channel we give you. Here you can set a completely different title and description, which will only appear in your example.com/feed/podcast/ feed (not your main blog feed).