Author Topic: Error: Format not supported, module, module.audio-video.riff.php, was removed..  (Read 1934 times)

miked333

I have 2 version of my podcast a video version and an audio-only version.  I just added my latest video with no problems but when I try to add the audio I get this error message:

Format not supported, module, module.audio-video.riff.php, was removed..

I have searched and can't find any answers about this.  I'm really hoping someone here can help!

The URL that I'm trying to add is:  http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/video.fullcontactaccounting.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Podcasts/017-qa.mp3

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Not sure how you created that MP3, but something is definitely wrong. I tried to play it with a flash player and had no luck. The only player I could get to play it back was Windows Media Player. Even then when I go to properties, it doesn't tell me much except that the bit rate is 128Kbps and length is 23:34. More alarming is that the file has no ID3 tags in it, these are special tags that are part of the MP3 standard that tell applications about the rest of the contents of the file.

Can I ask how you created the audio file, and are you sure this is in mp3 format? It could be that the audio was saved in another format but for some reason the file extension is mp3. The first 20 bytes of the file have the letters "WAVE" in them, so perhaps this is a WAV file, which you definitely don't want to distribute on the web.

miked333

Hi angelo, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!  I recently upgrade my version of Camtasia which I use to do screen recordings and I usually export the audio from there and it is good to go.  After the upgrade, the export produces an MP3 file which is different somehow and that's what I ended up with.  To fix it I took that file and opened it with Audacity and re-exported it from there.  That file seems to work fine.  Hopefully everyone that downloads it now will be able to play it OK.  I'm sure I'll hear from them if they have problems!

Thanks again for your help.