Author Topic: PodPress Media File Field  (Read 6260 times)

rawvoicemarketing

PodPress Media File Field
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:14:38 pm »
Here's a screenshot of what my PodPress settings look like.

If you set up PodPress like this then you should only need to select your media files when you're adding a new podcast. The redirect link should show up, allowing you to use the Blubrry statistics without and further effort.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:21:05 pm by rawvoicemarketing »

Steve

Re: PodPress Media File Field
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 11:56:56 pm »
I had to disable PodTrac Statistics in order to keep podpress from cutting out the HTTP:// in the middle of the redirect URL.

Example of what the url looks like before disabling Podtrac and accessing the podcast from the website using the Podpress link: http://media.blubrry.com/fwiw/www.steveanddawn.com/podcast/FWIW_86_2007-09-15.mp3

-Steve
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:07:22 am by Steve »

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 12:44:09 pm »
Steve

Podpress has a new version in work which will have our redirect support built in which should alleviate this.

Todd..

Norbtek

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 03:06:24 am »
Rob,

So just to confirm, when using the PodPress plug-in, when I go to use the Blubrry redirect, I need to edit my PodPress link. Will I need to do this each and every time? How does this affect my RSS validation? I have tweaked the PodPress RSS link for my test site and it comes up roses on the feed validator. No errors. I really do not want to use feedburner as I know that too many re-directs cause problems with listeners getting the media files.

I know Todd has always cautioned podcasters about feedburner, and I use them on my current podcast (I am a Blubrry member). I am going to launch a new podcast and would like to be able to use this statistics feature of Blubrry. But the one concern that I have is what will happen if I need to move my blog and/or media hosting? While I like the ease of haveing a simple RSS redirect in Feedburner, where I can change where feedburner send the listeners, I wnat to own my RSS feed. What can Blubrry do for me?

Actually, after posting this, I read some more posts in other areas and have more questions.

I am revamping my old podcast and rebranding; I have a new name, change in release dates, but similar format. I talked to Todd about this and since I am already a Techpodcasts.com member he was going to help get the show changed over and what ever needed to be done. I am also a BluBrry member. While the old show will no longer be produced, I do not want to delete anything and will move the blog and old feed to another site that I own and give a link to the new show.

I will be having Libsyn as my media host, my blog is WordPress on my own site, and I am using the PodPress plug-in as stated above. I will be having both daily (10-15 minute) and bi-weekly (340-40) minute shows, each with their own RSS feed as well as a combined feed that will aggregate the two shows giving my audience a choice and me not having to have 3 blogs. I am using the PodPress "Category Casting" option to do this. Each "Category Cast" has its own RSS (Daily & Bi-Weekly), and the main RSS is the main PodPress RSS feed. How would I implement the the Blubrry statistics or could I as I have 3 different feeds? Sorry for the curve ball.

Norbert
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 03:21:07 am by Norbtek »

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:00:18 pm »
Norbert,

I have to be honest in telling you that I'm a little confused by the situation you are describing. I have never done anything with the category casting in PodPress so I don't want to give you bad info. The good news is that the latest version of PodPress is out and that version has built in support for Blubrry stats. I recommend that you check out the latest version of PodPress and let me know what you think.

http://mightyseek.com/podpress/

Cheers,

Rob

Norbtek

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 12:40:16 pm »
Rob,

I will do that. I got the Category Casting to work in the previous version and have validated the feeds and downloaded with Juice. So I will report back how the new podpress version works. Then I can discuss things with you and may be inquire with the PodPress folks as well.

Norbert