Author Topic: multiple episodes on one page  (Read 1452 times)

junglepilot

multiple episodes on one page
« on: July 10, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »
I am posting my podcasts on one page as a library, but the page defaults to only one episode.  In other words I have several players showing up, Episode One, then Episode Two, etc, but player underneath each title is the same podcast.

How do I get multiple podcasts in the same post?  Do I need to modify the shortcode ( [powerpress-1]) etc?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: multiple episodes on one page
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:46:45 am »
The powerpress plugin isn't really setup to do what you want.  It's main job is to get your files into your RSS feed and provide a player in each post for that podcast.

There are other plugins that will do what you want.  Search "mp3 player" in the wordpress plugin finder.  I can't think of the name of the plugin, but it will take any link to an mp3 and put a player there in a page or a post. 

Hope that helps.

-Mike

junglepilot

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 03:14:01 pm »
Thanks Mike,

I actually like this plugin so what I did was just make each episode it's own post, which actually makes it better SEO-wise and for the feed.

You can see what I did here: www.PlaneNutz.com then click on the podcast category and all posts ( in this case podcast episodes) show up in order.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:24 am »
Very cool.  I just subscribed.  I will give it a listen later on. 

I'm a plane nut too :) 

-Mike