Author Topic: "Could not find valid MPEG synch before end of file"  (Read 2771 times)

rockinyp

"Could not find valid MPEG synch before end of file"
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »
I've been using the Blubrry WP plugin for a long time without any trouble. Then today it's giving me an error message when I try to save an mp3 file in the post using the plugin:

"Could not find valid MPEG synch before end of file."

I have no idea what that means and Google wasn't very helpful either. I converted and tagged the mp3 using iTunes like I always do. Not sure what the deal is or how to fix it. Help?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: "Could not find valid MPEG synch before end of file"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »
I would try re-uploading the file.  Also, make sure you hit "verify" again.  Other then that, it could be the file is somehow corrupt and should be opened and re-saved then uploaded.

-Mike

rockinyp

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:14:54 pm »
Hmm.... tried re-uploading it again and I get the same error message. Maybe I just need to recreate the mp3 all over again?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:27:41 am »
If you search the web about the error, it sounds like it could be a number of things Link: http://www.getid3.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=661

The question I would have is what software are you using to save the audio you are making to an mp3? The other question then would be have you tried another application? Is there another application that writes ID3 tags to the mp3 after you create the audio file? Does the problem occur if you don't use that other program?

rockinyp

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:42 am »
I've been using iTunes to convert my audio file into an mp3, which has worked fine for a long time.

I actually reconverted the audio in iTunes and re-uploaded it and it works fine now. Dunno what the problem was.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »
Likely you just had a bit turn sideways in the file :)   Glad you got it going!

-Mike